79Bronco Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 Mounting depth must be no more than 3 1/8" Budget of 200 for the pair. It will be going in a 4 way system, I have everything else picked out other than the 6.5's Will be playing 100-400. Considering Sundown neo pros, Beyma's, Hertz HSK 165's What's going to play ideally in that frequency range? Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart Processor: Digital Designs X1 Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400 Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28 Rear fill: Hertz 165xl Subs: 2 SA-12's 3-way active ftw
Blue Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 In the bronco or the jetta? formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
79Bronco Posted October 25, 2012 Author Report Posted October 25, 2012 Going in the Jetta Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart Processor: Digital Designs X1 Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400 Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28 Rear fill: Hertz 165xl Subs: 2 SA-12's 3-way active ftw
SnowDrifter Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 Tang band has some that play nice. I don't remember the depth though ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Jessica Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 i think the new sundowns are 166 at set on preorder but its a full component set with tweeter. 2.8" mounting depth. handle tons of power too. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153287-sundown-sa-65cs-pre-order/ Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Blue Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 I had a hsk163 set in mine for a little bit. The stock mid location sucks not going to lie. The mids sounded good but with the location of them it's not the greatest for the best sound. One reason why I'm going to be doing kicks for my next set of components. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to move the hood release and make it work properly. I think the hsk mid would sound better if moved up front more. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
SnowDrifter Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 Wait nevermind. They have a 4 3/8 depth ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
79Bronco Posted October 25, 2012 Author Report Posted October 25, 2012 Strange - I've been eyeballing the new sundown components. I just bought my first set of sundown subs, and I have jumped on the Sundown nuthuggery bandwagon. They're a solid company. I like the new mids, but I feel like the neopros would be better for this application. Like blue said, most of my lower end of my front stage fires at my hip, so I'm really just looking for some solid midbass without having to fab up some kicks. Something that I can feed a crapton of power to and only expect it to play the 100-400 hz range would be ideal. Blue - You're my boy Blue! (sorry couldnt resist ) I'll be running the EM100 for the 4" and ID x30's for the tweets, good to hear some first hand experience with the HSK woofer, thanks! Snow - I would kill for that much mounting depth lol Source: Parrot Asteroid Smart Processor: Digital Designs X1 Amps: Soundstream Ref 4.920 + Soundstream Ref 4.400 + Soundstream DTR 3400 Front stage: Hertz 165xl + HL 70 + HT28 Rear fill: Hertz 165xl Subs: 2 SA-12's 3-way active ftw
Blue Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 yea the mounting depth sucks since the window track is right behind the woofer. I have a set of the new sundown components coming, but like I said I'm going to be fabing up some kicks to run them. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
Jessica Posted October 25, 2012 Report Posted October 25, 2012 I'm half tempted to return my rockford t2's just to get the sundowns. Since they have silk dome tweeters. Just wish i could find someone with experience with both to give me an opinion on that. Anyway, good luck with the build sounds like it will be loud. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.