Hit a brick wall designing my system...

KingPepsi

Cablguy is the perfect person to ask advice about that. Alpine as well

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Ok ... to start off with, if you want to keep your rears (if any purpose to test and tune or variety of music) it is very simple ...

If your headunit will be controlling the primary volume control ... just run your rears off your radio power like I do and use your fader when you want to turn them on and off ... no need for an amplifier on rears, they would be there only to enhance your front stage only anyways ... if they are already installed, just leave them as they are and concentrate on your front stage ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Ok ... to start off with, if you want to keep your rears (if any purpose to test and tune or variety of music) it is very simple ...

If your headunit will be controlling the primary volume control ... just run your rears off your radio power like I do and use your fader when you want to turn them on and off ... no need for an amplifier on rears, they would be there only to enhance your front stage only anyways ... if they are already installed, just leave them as they are and concentrate on your front stage ...

Cool. Ill have to mess around with it. The issue I am trying to design around though, is my HU is factory and I cant remove it without losing all sorts of features in the car. Currently the car has BMW's DSP system which means active 3 way front stage, active two way rear fill, and factory subwoofer. And for all that effort, it sounds like sh*t. Everything is controlled digitally by the DSP amp. I am removing that amp and once it is gone i basically have front left right outputs from the tuner. Ill be pumping that analog 2 channel signal into an audison bit one and then branching off from the bit one to all the amps. Ill be running 2 4ch Zapco amps so after the three way up front ill have a pair of channels left over. Perhaps i can strip some audio from before the bit one and add it to the 2 spare channels. Or I may be able to find the rear outputs on the tuner and push those to the spare channels on the amp. I dont yet know how important the rear fill will be to me just yet. I need to hear it both ways and see what i like better. I just wanted some experienced opinions before I started ordering equipment. Back in the day I did alot with A/D/S and MBQuart stuff but it was always done in stock locations and though it sounded great I never really felt any of the cars we built. And my last build was 10 years ago.

And I want to thank you all for your input. I hate asking questions and feeling like a total noob. Ill post a link to some build pics of my avenger so i dont look like a total noob. If you are interested check em out http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150551299500648.652040.903885647&type=3 The grey avenger is mine, the purple one i built for a friend.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Archived