Stick with AT&T or move to Sprint

Not really a versus thread, just want some opinions.

I've been with AT&T for 7 years now, because of being a "VIP customers" I did get an extra $50 off my HTC Inspire when I bought it back in May 2011 which is nice. Right now I am paying $40 for 450 min anytime/5000 nights & weekends (Plus I have like 3k in rollover minutes lol), $30 for Unlimited Data & $20 for Unlimited txt. I also get 15% off my bill since the site I do security for gets the work discount so I used the code for it so basically all those extra month taxes I don't pay since my bill is about $88.

Now Sprint I would get the 450min Unlimited everything, simply $80.00 a month, add in taxes about $90-95 and same "deal" as my AT&T since I never use 450min anyways (looking at my usage on AT&T online I'm transferring at least 400 min to rollover every month lmfao) so I'm not worried about exceeding minutes.

BestBuy is selling the Galaxy S3 tomorrow for $100 only for Verizon, AT&T & Sprint with new 2 year contract. AT&T says I'm eligible for an upgrade already and I can get it for $200 from them. AT&T early termination fee is $325 minus $10 for every month completed, I've completed 17 months so $170 off making it $150 to cancel. Then I would have to pay my upcoming bill of $88 then sign up for Sprint & buy the phone for $135 (includes taxes).

Basically, worth it to pay the $385 tomorrow or just stick with AT&T and pay $200 but end up paying $240 more over the next 2 years?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I would stick with at&t. Just cause have it and havnt had any problems with it. I have the exact plan you have including the 15% discount but for some reason my bill is 84.xx except for this month it went up to 85.01 so their is a few dollars difference in our bills. I know sprint doesn't have service in some places where I live so I would never get it.

Mine varies too month by month lol, I actually noticed that other night looking through my account online I was paying $1 a month for the music tone subscription even though I wasn't using one anymore (you know where instead of ppl hearing the normal ring when they call they hear a song you bought).

I haven't had any issues with them either, I'm having this issue tonight with my HTC Inspire where if I turn off mobile network (data) then immediately try to turn it back on it says connection failed and I have to wait like 15-20 min which sucks because I turn it off when I'm not using my phone so I can save battery. I thought it was an AT&T issue but I guess its just my phone. :shrug:

AT&T says I am eligible for an upgrade even though its been 1.5 years, if I go thru Best Buy do I just renew my 2 years starting now or would I not even get it since my AT&T is still only 1.5 months in? I may have to go talk to AT&T tomorrow which is fine since BB is right around the corner from them lol

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Oh ya I remember having those ringback tones a while back.

I would think that if at&t says that you are eligible for upgrade then it doesn't matter where you go (bestbuy/walmart/target ect.). Push *639# send and it should tell you if you are eligible for an upgrade.

Edit:And ya, at&t has let me uprade before at around a year and a half into my 2yr contract also. And I got my last phone at walmart.

Good to know! I'm gonna go by Best Buy tomorrow and see if they can do it, if not I'll just go grab it at AT&T.

I actually didn't think my math all the way through, paying $385 vs $240 is a $140 difference. Saving $240 at Sprint vs $140 sticking with AT&T is only $100 which is the difference of the phone anyways between Best Buy & AT&T so there is no point in switching carriers lol

Doing that *639# confirms 2 year agreement & $36 upgrade fee, perfectly fine with me. If I can get it through BB I still come out saving.

2015 Mazda 6

Yeah, I said it confirmed I do have an upgrade so to Best Buy I will be going tomorrow

There was a network problem in Cali, my data connection is fixed now

2015 Mazda 6

Wow the ad I saw online said $100 off making it $99.99, I check with Best Buy online and it actually is still $199.99 SMDH. Oh well, still will grab it, just doesn't matter if I go through AT&T or BB now

2015 Mazda 6

Archived