Wiring question

Okay so after reading through this site i realize more and more that i dont know nearly as much as i thought i may have so i have a question about wiring. I have an optima yellow up front in my jeep and 2 d3400's in back, now how the hell do you run all the wires to the batteries without being a complete utter cluste f*ck?? I have 2 runs of 0 from front to back so that's 2 per terminal right there, one pos and neg for my component amp and 2 0 gauge pos and negative for my sub amp NOT including the grounds to the chassis. Is there some sort of busbar thats made for apps like this? I know its not much but its becoming a pain with only the 2 little bolt connectors into these batteries.

150.1 @ 38hz142.3 @ 20hz (windows down)Only 2 batteries

Toolmaker or projectdb make distro blocks that go on top or batteries. Otherwise get bigger bolts on the d3400s. Also what year jeep?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

Toolmaker or projectdb make distro blocks that go on top or batteries. Otherwise get bigger bolts on the d3400s. Also what year jeep?

Thanks, and it's a 97 cherokee classic. Has a 3" lift, 30's, few dents but absolutely NO rust. Oh and 113k miles. Some might say that's a lot but i have 265k on my other one i use to 4 wheel now >.>

Thanks, and it's a 97 cherokee classic. Has a 3" lift, 30's, few dents but absolutely NO rust. Oh and 113k miles. Some might say that's a lot but i have 265k on my other one i use to 4 wheel now >.>

only reason i asked is because i have an 06 Grand Cherokee Laredo just bought. 4.7 v-8

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

only reason i asked is because i have an 06 Grand Cherokee Laredo just bought. 4.7 v-8

How do you like it so far? I was going to buy a newer jeep but first off, i know nothing about the v8 models, and secondly, the 6's get the same gas mileage regardless if its an 87 or an 07. (plus i've heard the older ones are far more reliable anyways)

There seems to be a little less room in the newer ones, what do you think?

First time i hae ever owned a bigger vehicle. I love it. very nice for my 2 15's. v-8 has a nice sound to it with a little more get up and go then the v-6 commander i drove which share the same 6 cylinder IIRC. Farely easy to work on and run wires, could be a bit bigger and better on gas mileage but i am adjusting to it. The V-8 is pretty identical to any other V-8 you would get. Seems straight forwarrd as far as maintance and things.

BusBars on 2 D1400's.

These are Project db and took about 3-4 months to get them. I assume that was an abnormal wait though.

last2ac.jpg

last3.jpg

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

• 3 weeks later...

Archived