Second Skin Audio

Subs not playing correctly.

dl9890

So I recently noticed that when my subwoofers are playing, one of them is "bouncing" higher, or moving up&down a lot more than the other one. They play perfectly fine and nothing sounds weird or anything. What could be the cause of this?

Yeah, the right one is. Could it have something to do with wiring? The amp I'm using isn't one ohm stable but that is how I have it wired right now until I get a new amp. I don't play it to the point of abuse because I know it isn't good.

i would guess that playing an amp at 1ohm thats not 1ohm stable is abuse :slayer:

1999 oldsmobile alero

optima yellow top

Alpine CDE 124SXM

hifonics brutus 1200.1d

(2) lanzar opti 1232d inverted in mtx side ported box

lanzar cheap 80 dolla holla 1000 watt 2 channel - infinity 6x9

factory door speakers on bass blockers (dont judge me)

big 3 in 4gauge

i would guess that playing an amp at 1ohm thats not 1ohm stable is abuse :slayer:

Where did you draw this conclusion?

OP, is one of the subs located RIGHT in front of the port(assuming its an L-port). It could be a loading issue where that sub is jamming the rear wave right into the port. That's a TOTAL guess, for me not knowing your setup.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah, but I don't turn it all the way up. Don't really play bass that high either right now. Just wantin till I got the money to buy my new amp.

if playing below stable impedance, amp would just protect, not make one sub do one thing, and the other do something different.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

so you do have a L shaped box? like (port, Sub, Sub)

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Archived