JasonJones Posted October 30, 2012 Report Posted October 30, 2012 Ok so here's the equipment run down: Head unit: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH Processing: Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 Mids amp: Rockford Fosgate T600.4 Tweet amp: Rockford Fosgate T400.4 Speaker sets: (3) sets of Rockford Fosgate T2652-S Now with the equipment listed it is obvious I am running an active setup. I have scope tuned everything from the head unit to the .2 then out from the amps. All signal is CLEAN and I have even gone as far as measuring the AC voltage output from the head unit to the .2 then pre-amp and post amp from the speaker terminals. I have not been able to discern a notable difference of signal between any of those points. The problem is I have now blown ONLY my right tweeters (3) total, twice now. And am wondering wtf is up. Any advice would be appreciated guys. I know it's a crapshoot but figured I'd ask as I already talked to Fosgate tonight and am out of ideas.
ALPINE408 Posted October 30, 2012 Report Posted October 30, 2012 over powering them just cause the signal is clean dont mean the tweet can tak all the power Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Sonic Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Those t2 tweets blow's very fast, have to be careful of the power to them, I would just replace them with another brand of tweeter or the t1 tweets which sound better IMO and take reasonable power( t1 tweets and t2 mids is a good combo) . Another tweet you might want to consider is the hertz HT 28 tweets.
JasonJones Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 over powering them just cause the signal is clean dont mean the tweet can tak all the power Each tweet is rated at 75w. The T400.4 is doing 108w birthed at 2 and 78w at 4. I thought the same thing but how would that explain only the right side blowing? Appreciate the help
JasonJones Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 Also, forgot to mention that the front two sets of tweets are wired in parallel and the rears are ran normally.
finkster Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 How low are you crossing them? DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
bassface Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Are the wires for the right side tweeters shorter then the left side?
JasonJones Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 The tweeters are crossed High Pass-3kHz@-24dB/Octave. The left and right side wires are run to the center of the truck then run down the middle to the amps to avoid my positive and negative 1/0 lines. Also, I have checked the impedance and continuity of the wires to insure there are no ground shorts along the lines. That was the best way I could verify the wiring short of pulling out all my seats/carpet again.
JasonJones Posted October 31, 2012 Author Report Posted October 31, 2012 C'mon all the gurus on here and no tips? I expect more out if you masters in the field!
ALPINE408 Posted October 31, 2012 Report Posted October 31, 2012 Left and right channels don't allways put out the same power. And I would cross them over at 5k -12 dbs Other than that turn em down speakers can't allways handel what they say they will Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.