Sonic Electronix

Would this be a decent setup?

Well, I am looking into installing a system into my car. I am new to all of this, and i've asked for help a little already. I was wondering if this would be a good combination, or any suggestions. I'm not looking to go all out or anything, just decent bass, mids, and highs for a daily driver. Would these subwoofers be good? 2 of them. http://www.nvx.com/subwoofers/vcw124.html to power 2 of those would this do fine? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23550_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ2400.1D.html#tabs For the mids - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22595_Rockford-Fosgate-T2652-S.html to power the mids - http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34964_SoundStorm-EV2.1000.html and i have no idea about the tweets. Open to all suggestions.

Sub actually looks decent, Hifonics amp is very good for the price but power hungry, the RF Components are extremely good, but that mid's and high's amp is a piece of junk.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

that rockford mids and highs has a pair of tweets. no need to look for others

2004 cavalier 2 door 5 speedalpine cda-103skar pax 6.5s

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

The sub brand i have heard the least about, but that magnet structure along with the power out put seems overly-decent. The only thing i do not like about that sub woofer is that it states 850-1000 rms like the company was throwing darts at numbers on the wall and they happened to fall between 850 and 1000 most of the time. Sub woofers that split their peak with their rms in halfs are the way to go, for ex, 2000 watts max, 1000 watts rms....

As for the Hifonics... Oh boy, i have the Hifonics 1000.1D... and yes.. very power hungry. Watch for distortion from this brand... NEVER EVER EVER turn the bass eq up, let alone plug in the bass knob... You will blow your system in a heart beat. I blew my 2008 Kicker 12" l7 that was a 4 ohm sub woofer wired to 2 ohms and only getting around 600 watts rms, when it could withstand 750 just fine, but the amplifier was sending so much distorted signal into the sub woofer because i had my bass eq up, and bass knob turned to half. A little heads up about Hifonics brand from experience.

I don't know anything about mids or tweets because all i need in my ride is constant slamming into the back of my face, it calms me down. Who needs to hear the music? But, i would go with rockford.

I hope this helped in a some what sense in the first part, im not trying to troll you, just giving you some info.

- Dan

The sub brand i have heard the least about, but that magnet structure along with the power out put seems overly-decent. The only thing i do not like about that sub woofer is that it states 850-1000 rms like the company was throwing darts at numbers on the wall and they happened to fall between 850 and 1000 most of the time. Sub woofers that split their peak with their rms in halfs are the way to go, for ex, 2000 watts max, 1000 watts rms....

As for the Hifonics... Oh boy, i have the Hifonics 1000.1D... and yes.. very power hungry. Watch for distortion from this brand... NEVER EVER EVER turn the bass eq up, let alone plug in the bass knob... You will blow your system in a heart beat. I blew my 2008 Kicker 12" l7 that was a 4 ohm sub woofer wired to 2 ohms and only getting around 600 watts rms, when it could withstand 750 just fine, but the amplifier was sending so much distorted signal into the sub woofer because i had my bass eq up, and bass knob turned to half. A little heads up about Hifonics brand from experience.

I don't know anything about mids or tweets because all i need in my ride is constant slamming into the back of my face, it calms me down. Who needs to hear the music? But, i would go with rockford.

I hope this helped in a some what sense in the first part, im not trying to troll you, just giving you some info.

- Dan

Yup don't plug in that bass knob...it blows systems. :rolleyes:

On the hifonics amps the bass knob contols the gain...

If the gain on the amp is at 1/2 than the knob maxed out is still only 1/2.

It only adjusts the gain down...so if your gain was right from the beginning the bass knob makes no difference.

And just because a subs rated RMS is half of its MAX doesnt mean shit....alot of companies say 250w rms 1000 max etc.

Alot of real Quality companies give you an RMS and thats it...MAX is bullshit rating. Sundown SA-12 RMS is 600...max not liste don sundown site. I ran over 1k on mine daily

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

What electrical are you running to power the amp?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

Also if those NVX subs are really 240+$( Im not looking for the cheapest deal just what was on ebay. )

I would look at some other companies before jumping on them.

FI SSD 12's are 204$ before otions 1000wrms

Sound solution GCON 12's are under 200$

Look at DC level 3's too..similar power rating

DO you have electrical to back the amps up??

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

What is your budget like for an entire system? If I were you I would get a number in my head and buy used quality gear most of which can be had at the prices you're paying for new mediocre equipment.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived