Second Skin Audio

Last attempt at problem solving a bass issue

wellington

Wait holy crap. Is this the equipment in your sig? The 23 cube box @16 hz?

LOL no thats a joke. but it's not really an equipment issue. it happens on all subs/boxes I have. as well as amps.

and like I said, everything was fine until the new car. no equipment changed

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

And you need to reset your gain if you are using a different head unit. You might be clipping the shit out of your subs with will both fry them and make them sound bad

Plus different cars have different peaks and different boxes they like

Edit: ALL the equipment is the same? Did you run your RCAs next to the power wire? What is your voltage like? What gauge wire for your amp? Check ALL connections?(this means go out there with a wrench and do it. Don't assume they are tight now because they were tight a week or a month ago when you installed it)

And you need to reset your gain if you are using a different head unit. You might be clipping the shit out of your subs with will both fry them and make them sound bad

Plus different cars have different peaks and different boxes they like

Edit: ALL the equipment is the same? Did you run your RCAs next to the power wire? What is your voltage like? What gauge wire for your amp? Check ALL connections?(this means go out there with a wrench and do it. Don't assume they are tight now because they were tight a week or a month ago when you installed it)

Yeah pretty much all the same. RCA's are separated from everything. voltage always at 14.6 or w/e with this sub since its only single 4 ohm. 1/0 about 2 feet from the battery. Yeah I have made sure several times.

If your ever in the south bay I might be able to help you out

But step 1 get that shitty peel and seal out of your car

i work in girloy but work is slow right now. i gotta pick up a couple checks though

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Archived