where should i aim my tweeters

Posted Image

it's in an acura integra and in the stock tweeter location. the midwoofer as you can see in the pic, seems to aim a little bit towards the front of the car.. and right now i have the tweeters aimed between the headrests.. should i aim the tweeters toward the front of the car more? i only have front components no rear fill.. and my tweets don't really seem to blend nicely with my mid and im not sure if ill notice a gain if i aim them towareds the front more.. what is ideal for nice imaging and sound quality? im also worried that i can't achieve good imaging due to the steering wheel blocking the tweeter pertty much.. and custom kicks or pods aren't an option being lack of space... ???

From what I have learned about sq, put the mids and tweets in the kicks together, then play with the angles to get the proper alignment.The idea behind this is to creat a soundstage that feels like its on your dash, tweeters to high or in funky positions will widen the soundstage to unrealistic proptions and it wont sound right.I have seen some funky setup's that sound great, but would never qualify as a real sq set-up.almost every real SQ car I have sat in has had the mids and tweets in the kicks aimed up and angled towards the space between the driver and passenger headrests.its all in the testing, and that is the fun part. trying differrent things to get the soundstage you desiregood luck post some more pics as you build it, I love looking at build pics, helps me with ideas and I learn from them

ok well i made some minor adjustments to the picture above to ask some more questions:

Posted Image

I was wondering if placing the tweeters where number 1 is at on the door panels would work? i don't really think number 2 would sound good because i sit close to the steering wheel and i think foot kick pods would be blocked by my body.. the left in general. do you think i could angle the mid from its stock location toward the headrests with the tweeter in location #1 and get good imaging? another obstacle is that my mids are very close to the door panel.. as in they have very little clearance in back of them.. my window almost touches the back of the midwoofer magnets by mere mllimeters, maybe centimeters.. i have 3/4" mdf ring panels, no deadening yet. so shoud i sand the 3/4" mdf panels thinner at an angle so that when i spin it i have it aims the midwoofer to a certain direction (vertical i think)? the angle of the sanding, of course, would also determine how much it would point left and right (horizontal). i have 0 experience in fiberglassing and would guess that is the fabrication required in this type of work. im willing to give it a try with a used door panel from the junkyard i should be able to get a pair for ~50 dollars. or should i:

get stock door panels without the tweeter holes and put 7" midwoofers in the door only and have ID horns under the dash? will i get great imaging with ID horns and 2 channels of 31-band EQs?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey y don't you mount new tweets on that lil black space up and to tha left. I know i'm not being descriptive but its like a lil black triangle lookin like peace thats adjacent to your side mirrors. Thats where i would mount them personnally.

I think hes trying to get them as close to the mids as possable...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MegaloManiac

i have encountered problems when having the tweets that far down where you guys advised him. it seems that the sound stays right below the dash line it doesnt go any higher than that. so i say put the tweets in your pillars and your mids down at the kicks. it will fill nicely

lol im just running the comp set on the bottom with tweets close to the mid then running a seperate tweet in the pillar area

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 1 year later...

the best sounding integra i have heard had the mid bass in the door, the mid range in the kick and the tweet in the a pillar. now you can put the tweet in the kick with no problem, in this car, in my trailblazer i have the mid bass in the door the mid range and tweet in the kick ( titanium tweet) and a silk dome on the dash... i had to do it this way because of the dash over hang. If I turn off the dash tweets, it does stay low< but thats because of the vehicle's dash... in the tegy, you can put your mids almost flat in the kick aiming to the middle, and the tweets in the pillar, if they are titanium, you will need to atinuate the hell out of them... good luck, i'd love to hear it

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived