Second Skin Audio

What subs will take 6.5k?

The Junglist

I am after 2 15's that will take 6.5k daily from 2 ns1's

So far i have looked as SMD's and DC lvl 6's

BUT it seems the new smd's ain't out yet any idea when they will be out?

Also i heard that there is no official dc lvl 6 15 only 18's

So what else does that leave me with?

I have heard the FI sp4 can take 6k if its super clean, any more thoughts on this? i would rather get something more likely to take the power out the box than have have to keep an close on on a sp4 etc but will still consider them if they are a viable option.

What is your electrical like?

I doubt you'll get a full 6.5k from each ns-1 after voltage drop and impedance rise.

As long as you're not a fool with your subs, the sp4's should take it.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I really don't think there's any sub out there that can take 6.5k clamped power all day every day, but yes from the subs I've seen the SMD, lvl 6, sp4, xsv2, pretty much any beefy 4" coil sub should hold up pretty good as long as you're smart and know when not to turn shit up or when to turn it down.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I don't expect them to play all day long but also don't want something that is going to start to stink after 30 seconds either LOL, as long as i can bump a couple of tracks before letting things cool ill be good. As said with impedance rise etc they won't be seeing anywhere near a real 6.5k anyway. But that said i managed to get my mayhem's smelly on 3.2k each after a while, but i seem to have a good ear and nose to know when to turn things down etc. I know alot of subs will take more than rated power if you know what to listen and smell for but at the same time i just want to make sure i don't but something they will instantly spontaneously combust LOL

What kind of vehicle is this going in? What are your goals? Why do you want to throw so much power at each subwoofer?

Its going into a BMW 1 series coupe. had 2 12" mayhems in there before on 6.4k but it wasn't loud enough for me, previously i had 16x12s in a VW passat wagon on 6k and have been missing the big big bass ever since. im limited by space in the bmw to a pair of 15's so im trying to make the best out of the limited available space which means pushing alot of power into the woofers is my only way to get loud.

What kind of vehicle is this going in? What are your goals? Why do you want to throw so much power at each subwoofer?

Its going into a BMW 1 series coupe. had 2 12" mayhems in there before on 6.4k but it wasn't loud enough for me, previously i had 16x12s in a VW passat wagon on 6k and have been missing the big big bass ever since. im limited by space in the bmw to a pair of 15's so im trying to make the best out of the limited available space which means pushing alot of power into the woofers is my only way to get loud.

what about a wall or something that takes out the back seat?

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

Archived