Chrysler 300 install

ok im not new to installing but i ran into an issue on the wife's 300. for some reason it has 2 power and 2 grounds on the wire harness i did a test and both wires are power and ground from the factory plug. but where the 12 volt ass. wire is there is no wire on the factory plug. then there are wires from the factory plug that are not on my harness . i would assume i have the wrong plug but i can not find a differnt one for my car. so i spliced the 12 volt ass wire into the 12 volt con. just to see if it would come on knowing that it will not shut off with the car but just checking. it works BUT....i have no radio stations, and yes i have the ant. adapter. but their is no stations coming in. just to make sure it wasnt the radio i put in a cd and it works,

does anyone have any advise on both issues, thanks alot ahead of time.

As far as the switched power, its not provided in factory harness, have to go to fuse box.

I believe the radio functions have to do with the CAN crap.....What is your factory system specs? Like, 6 speaker BA, standard 4 speaker...

RECOCKULUS1

The 300 has a canbus setup. You have a few options, first option is spend $125-ish on the aftermarket radio harness. Or Straight wire it like you did, and tap the ignition wire (ignition switch, black 5 pin plug, pin 3, pink/white wire) for your 12volt turn on. As far as the radio stations go, double check your connections. There may be a bad antenna connection somewhere.

Archived