Throw me ideas on how to better insulate my house...

Hey guys. I'm currently renting a house in Pittsburgh with three of my friends. Place is pretty old- it's been updated with a modern Goodman furnace and digital thermostat, but we have some big ass gaps around the exterior doors, and single-pane windows. I'm looking to keep our gas bill out of the stratosphere, but in ways that aren't too intrusive and won't permanently alter the house. We are renting after all.

Got any thoughts?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

why not just talk to the landowner about adding more insulation. ownes corning insulation ftw at the r70 recommended

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

you'd be shocked what a blanket over a window and some spray foam in some gaps can do

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I agree with Jetta. It's the landlord's property, he should be providing you with a better experience. You could just seal up where air leaks. See if you can work out a deal with him to fix it and reimburse you for the repairs...We're still waiting on our landlord to replace the carpet and oven in ours...not to mention electrical needs overhauled bad.

OT: Good to see some other people from Pgh. I was born there, sort of wish I was still there...

POTATO!

why not just talk to the landowner about adding more insulation. ownes corning insulation ftw at the r70 recommended

Bc unless he's living in north park, Robinson, sewickley, squirrel hill etc (wealthy areas) the landlords just gonna giggle and do nothing.

At all.

I lived in Carnegie for a while and I legit didn't know slum lords existed until I moved there. By far the most deplorable apartment I've ever been inside, gas bill was 600/month

150.1 @ 38hz142.3 @ 20hz (windows down)Only 2 batteries

Bc unless he's living in north park, Robinson, sewickley, squirrel hill etc (wealthy areas) the landlords just gonna giggle and do nothing.

At all.

I lived in Carnegie for a while and I legit didn't know slum lords existed until I moved there. By far the most deplorable apartment I've ever been inside, gas bill was 600/month

i have no idea where any of those places are. so your statement makes no sense to me except this. your landlord is saying go fuck yourself. in that case, say it back and move

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

unless your attic is properly insulated you're bandaiding the problem but seriously go around and sprayfoam/caulk cracks and keep the drafts from leaky windows as much as possible..also keep rooms sealed off that are low traffic is also a good idea and can save a lot

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Go buy insulation foam and u can get em in a few diff sizes and get in the attic and layer em on the floor or usually the bracing is cutt and lined up every 2 feet or so the insulation has paper flaps u can staple onece u shove em in its worth it i put 2000$ worth all over my roof summer/ stays cooler winters Warner.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived