Second Skin Audio

Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofer

wellington

What are your thoughts on this sub?

Overview

Dayton Audio's Reference Series RSS390HO-4 15" subwoofers make solid, tight, low-distortion bass performance a reality for automotive speaker applications and compact, equalized home audio installations.

Highlights

• Extensively vented motor eliminates compression and allows quiet excursion
  • Extra-thick black anodized aluminum cone for maximum rigidity
  • Triple shorting ring motor for ultra-low distortion
  • 4-layer coil for high power handling
  • Optimized parameters for small enclosures
  • Highest quality materials throughout for long-lasting performance

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=295-469

Power Handling (RMS) 800 Watts

Impedance 4 ohms

Frequency Response 21 to 600 Hz

Voice Coil Diameter 2.5"

Magnet Weight 150 oz.

sub.png

295_469_h.jpg

295_469_hi.jpg

295_469_hii.jpg

295_469_hiii.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Actually looks like a very solid sub, though I wish they made dual voice models instead of single coil.

The Dayton Titanic Mk3 subs also also seem to be good as well

http://youtu.be/U7r8wmsm5gE

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Yeah I would need 4 of these to get down to 1 ohm.

Giving each 400w rms, would equal out to 1600w rms between all 4 which is about what the 1500D puts out so I think it would be a good match.

I was reading how people were giving these 3.75 f^3 boxes though....so I might go with a 4.0 sealed between all 4 since it needs 1.0 sealed each.

Just keeping my options open at this time.

Got a link to the titanics?

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Targeted more toward home audio I think

What aspects of the sub gave you that idea?

Yeah I would need 4 of these to get down to 1 ohm.

Giving each 400w rms, would equal out to 1600w rms between all 4 which is about what the 1500D puts out so I think it would be a good match.

I was reading how people were giving these 3.75 f^3 boxes though....so I might go with a 4.0 sealed between all 4 since it needs 1.0 sealed each.

Just keeping my options open at this time.

Got a link to the titanics?

http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.php/loudspeaker-components/loudspeaker-drivers-by-series/titanic-mk-iii-series/tit400c-4-15-titanic-mk-iii-subwoofer-4-ohm.html

Well, it's the high output version rather than the High Fidelity version, so it's built for car audio use

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I think the HO is more catered to car audio. I've been interested in the Dayton 10" subs for an SQ setup in my truck. The Fs on them is wickedly low and I think they'd respond in the proper enclosure in my truck. I built an isobaric push/pull that I believe a sub like this could shine in. Any well built low tuned enclosure could make this sub destroy the lows I believe. Parts express does have a Dual voice coil option for some of these subs also.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I think the HO is more catered to car audio. I've been interested in the Dayton 10" subs for an SQ setup in my truck. The Fs on them is wickedly low and I think they'd respond in the proper enclosure in my truck. I built an isobaric push/pull that I believe a sub like this could shine in. Any well built low tuned enclosure could make this sub destroy the lows I believe. Parts express does have a Dual voice coil option for some of these subs also.

I only saw the 12" DVC option and it's only 700w rms. 2 of these for 1 ohm and I don't think these would handle my amp TBH.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-467

These reviews are a lot more technical than sonic and other sites reviews. Like kids vs adults lol

Archived