Second Skin Audio

ported box is tuned @ 26hz but subs recommend 35hz is this asking 4 fail?

Truconcept

I don't think 30 is terribly low or even high 20s in some cases, but getting into the mid 20s is home stereo territory.

I'm not at all saying mid 20s can't be done successfully, because I'm SURE numbers have done it. It doesn't seem practical at all to me personally though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Tuning low helps flatten out your response curve so it really helps utilize a wider pass band aka not taking away from upper frequencies like you said, unless you mean tuning stupid high and hitting that one note of upper freq that is louder than everything else

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I say low to mid 30's is a good tuning for daily music listening, and just because you're tuned in the 30's doesn't mean you can't play the 20's well, and there's more to a box than just tuning.

I seen setups that do extremely well that are tuned in the mid to low 20's, like Cablguy's SQ setup with 2 isobaric Blues audio 10's tuned to 22hz, he says he has no trouble playing up to 50hz but his midbass takes care of that and above, and according to him, he reproduced 4hz. I don't know how Isobaric setups work but it's interesting.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Tuning low helps flatten out your response curve so it really helps utilize a wider pass band aka not taking away from upper frequencies like you said, unless you mean tuning stupid high and hitting that one note of upper freq that is louder than everything else

tuning low to a certain point though, IMO anything below 34hz starts taking away from the higher bass, I wouldn't tune below 28hz because that's just taking away wayyyy too much of the higher bandwidth, from what iv'e read on this forum, if you want to tune low and maintain good bandwidth keep the port area low, if you want to tune low and smash the lows and only the lows then tune low with lots of port

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

seen a box tuned to 36hz do a 150+ at 29hz. fuck tuning low, gotta remember one thing, how much time and knowledge you're going to put into building and tweaking the box

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Isobarics are badass but I am afraid of trying it because I would always second guess myself about how I wired them and would be afraid the subs would hit... There are several proven designs where that is not really a fear but I am most interested where the subs are like in this pic:

isosealed.gif

I say low to mid 30's is a good tuning for daily music listening, and just because you're tuned in the 30's doesn't mean you can't play the 20's well, and there's more to a box than just tuning.

I seen setups that do extremely well that are tuned in the mid to low 20's, like Cablguy's SQ setup with 2 isobaric Blues audio 10's tuned to 22hz, he says he has no trouble playing up to 50hz but his midbass takes care of that and above, and according to him, he reproduced 4hz. I don't know how Isobaric setups work but it's interesting.

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

I agree, tuning to low 30s with a somewhat large box will give you a lower f3 than a smaller box tuned lower.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I'm running an isobaric push/pull currently In my truck and its tuned to 33Hz. I wouldn't go lower because the equipment I'm current using is not really suited for it.

P.S. Randals truck is very unique and wasn't just thrown together. It was extensively designed and has equipment that allows him to do the amazing things he does. He's also got some great knowledge.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm running an isobaric push/pull currently In my truck and its tuned to 33Hz. I wouldn't go lower because the equipment I'm current using is not really suited for it.

P.S. Randals truck is very unique and wasn't just thrown together. It was extensively designed and has equipment that allows him to do the amazing things he does. He's also got some great knowledge.

Randal's truck is a work of art, and I'm curious to see his new frontstage he's putting together.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

seen a box tuned to 36hz do a 150+ at 29hz. fuck tuning low, gotta remember one thing, how much time and knowledge you're going to put into building and tweaking the box

im tuned to 35ish, and can pull off a 152/153 at 25hz still.. but no matter what i do my truck will play down to mid 20hz no issues and i can rape the high 40s and low 50hz area..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived