4 VO-M8v1's (holes cut for 3rd pair)

2 CS 6.5's

2 VO-B1's

Sony XAV-601BT

all Knu Krystal RCA's

Cadence 7band EQ

148.3db @ 32hz (burp)

148.4 @ 37 & 38hz (burp)

146.xdb 90sec average (center windshield)

that some one might have been talking about the resonant freq of the car, this means to put the sub in a sealed box and run a sweep while using a termlab. then build a box tuned to that freq or a little below that.

finding you peak freq of your sub is easy, just use a termlab. you have to remember that the peak freq will depend a lot on how well the box is made and the tuning of the box. it also does not mean that the peak freq of you current setup will be the loudest or best for your car.

i have peaked everywhere from 46-51hz, i have got my best score at 46hz while tuned to 43 hz sub and port up. but i have also got one of my worse score with the same box sub and port back because of there not being enough room for the port to breath.

spl is a game of testing, you have to find the right size box with the right tuning and port area built to fit the car and you have to figure out which way is best for the sub to point and the port to point.

or if you really want to get into it, find you resonant freq, find a sub that will do good at that freq, build a box that that sub will perform at its best in and tune it to or slightly below resonant freq. then build another box with the port facing a different direction until you find the best direction. then build more boxes with the port facing that direction but with the sub facing a different direction until you find the right way.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived