Sundown Audio

Amplifier Suggestions for Fi Q 18" Subwoofer

Subwoofer Stokes

Well I strictly listen to Dj Screw or Chopped n Screwed music so thats why i was wanting to tune so low

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

yeah, im debating between 26 and 28. and i plan on having my sub facing either the roof or front of my truck and the port either on top or facing the front. I was thinking about putting sub on top behind my drivers seat and port in the front of the box between my two front seats.

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

I've got my Fi Q12 on my Crescendo BC2000d at 1 ohm and it handles it just fine. My current box is tuned to 33 hertz, but I'm about to build a new one tuned at 31 hertz. The Q's hit lows very easily.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

yeah, im debating between 26 and 28. and i plan on having my sub facing either the roof or front of my truck and the port either on top or facing the front. I was thinking about putting sub on top behind my drivers seat and port in the front of the box between my two front seats.

Yikes that's some low tuning, at 28Hz you can play down to 20Hz flat and easy, which is about where humans stop hearing things. As for sub and port placement, only someone with firsthand experience in that vehicle can tell you otherwise you will have to experiment with that. All I know about driver/port orientation that is SUV boxes go sub up port back almost every time.

I'm gonna hate

Yikes that's some low tuning, at 28Hz you can play down to 20Hz flat and easy, which is about where humans stop hearing things. As for sub and port placement, only someone with firsthand experience in that vehicle can tell you otherwise you will have to experiment with that. All I know about driver/port orientation that is SUV boxes go sub up port back almost every time.

lol we think the same

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Okay so I guess im going to tune to 28 hz and building the box with the sub on top with the port either to the front of the box or the back. I want a rectangular port that goes from the bottom to the top of the box.

Okay so I guess im going to tune to 28 hz and building the box with the sub on top with the port either to the front of the box or the back. I want a rectangular port that goes from the bottom to the top of the box.

Sounds good, just do your proudest work and log it all well. You'd be surprised how much good help and support along the way you'll get if you ask questions here and post your build. Pickups are challenging audio platforms I hope you get what you want out of your system it sounds like you know what you need to.

I'm gonna hate

Thanks 8ight! You and everyone here has helped so much, thanks guys. And yeah ive been putting speakers in and out of this truck for a few years but this is my biggest install so far. But you guys really helped thanks.

Archived