Sundown Audio

Amplifier Suggestions for Fi Q 18" Subwoofer

Subwoofer Stokes

I ordered a Fi Q 18 D2 a few days ago and am trying to decide on which amp i should push it with at 1 ohm. I have a Hifonics HFi 1500D I am pushing my Kicker cvx 15 with and it does pretty good. Would this be a decent amp to start off with for my 18? What are some good amplifiers a little over 1k watts wired @ 1 ohm? I have only tried Pyle, Sony, Hifonics, and Fusion amplifiers and know there are waaaaaaay better amps out there. Please help!!!

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

If it were me, I'd put 4k to it.

But keep in mind you will need the electrical to back up whatever amp you choose. What is your budget for amp, wire, batts, alt, etc?

Well i just wanted to try and put the 18 on my current setup thats in my signature and then upgrade as i go, but yes im aware that it will take alot to power a stronger amp but i really dont just have a budget for it, I just get it as it comes kinda. Id rather pay for better quality than buy somethin cheap and it go out. I dont want anything overly expensive either though. So do you think i should just use my 1500 to break in the sub a few weeks or a month and then switch to a bigger amp?

<p>Black 1997 Chevy C1500 Ext. Cab5.7L 350 VortecDual 22" Glasspack ExhaustRacing Chip/Programmer.373 Gears W/ Shift KitCold Air IntakePioneer Deh80-PrsSubwoofers-Fi Q motor, 18 6 spoke basket, SPL Audio recone

But keep in mind you will need the electrical to back up whatever amp you choose. What is your budget for amp, wire, batts, alt, etc?

FuturamaFry.jpg

I could see suggesting 2k-2.5k but no way anymore than that

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Its rated at 1500rms. Its not a SPL sub either. Not sure why you would want to put more to it then its rated for.

If you want something more SPL or a high power handling sub get something different. I have had 3 Q's so far all of them ran at RMS and they were very loud and would not have felt comfortable throwing double the power to one in a daily setup.

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

FuturamaFry.jpg

I could see suggesting 2k-2.5k but no way anymore than that

yeah idk either I think hes thinking of FI BTL N3's lol

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Yeah hopefully haha, and I'd stick with between 1-1.5k like Hunter said

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Haha well yeah, i wouldnt plan on putting anything over 2k rms anyway. My CVX 15 is loud off my 1500, im real anxious to hear the 18 tuned low!

Archived