Can't find H.O. alt for '11 Kia Soul... Other options?

What up ya'll... I'm going to putting a DD m3a amp in my 2011 Kia Soul, pushing a 12" DD 9512 @ 1ohm, for roughly 2500w RMS. My car has a tiny 90 amp stock alternator and stock battery, grounds have yet to be upgraded on my hamster mobile. I've been searching high and low and cant find a H.O. alternator for my vehicle.. anywhere! What are people's opinions on running this stock 90 amp alt with a smaller/cheaper dry cell up front and then a bigger battery in the back hooked up to my amp. I've been researching and everyone seems to love the XS batteries, so that's what I've been looking at. They do not seem to make a direct replacement for my battery under the hood but it sits up on top and my battery housing is like 9"x6.5" with the posts on top so I have options with that. For sure going to do the Big 3 ground upgrade with 0awg...

This setup is going into my everyday driver, I deliver pizza part time, have young children, so when the kids are in the car or when I'm working, I wont be pounding constantly, but wanna be able to push it hard when I'm with friends or by myself.

So I guess my question how big of a battery should I put in the back to run this without killing my car's electrical system, and what kind of isolator should I use, can't EVER be stranded with a dead battery, too cold here in the winter time... So without making suggestions that cost ridiculous cash (I could prolly swing $300-500MAX for electrical upgrades). If anybody has any opinions on this and want to offer some advice, I'm all ears!

Umm with only a 3-500 budget you can only get like 1 XS battery and wire. Not enough to be running 2500 at 1 ohm. Did you look into singer? He usually will make alts that most others don't

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

singer likely won't have something for it. this likely uses a clutch on the pulley and quite frankly the newer cars are getting more of a PITA to make HO alts anymore. anyway, I'd buy a new XS D3100, through it in the back, and use the rest of your money for a cheap AGM front battery (look at Deka or C&D) and your 1/0 wiring. It will suck up your budget, but with a good run of power/ground from the front, and a GOOD AGM out back and a decent one up front, you'll have no problem with 2500rms.

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

Archived