Well i had a little bit of time to play with the subwoofer box and a piece of plexi glass. the plexi is 8"X9"X3/4" and the cutout is one inch smaller all the way around. I put the hole where is did because it will stick up in the area where there used to be a cubby area. I realize that it doesn't show off the whole speaker but all you need to see is that beautiful back side! So now you will lift the seat and see into the box. It will be lit with the same leds that will light up the whole boat. There is 1/4 T-nuts inside all holes to hold it. I just need to find some sort of seal to seal it off. Here is a few pictures.

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

How about green...

IMG_2317.jpg

or red...

IMG_2316.jpg

I like the blue

IMG_2319.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We finally took the boat out for the first time with the stereo and it pounds! It still needs a little tweaking and I had an issue with one of the 4" polk speakers, the glue that holds the outside of the speaker had a come-a-part... But the sub pounds pretty good. it does get louder if you raise the cover up in the back. and it moves a ton of air through the port. all in all im very happy.

The only changes that will be made before we take it out again will be... the bigger alternator will be here saturday i'll be going from a 75amp to a 140 amp. The hardest part about finding an alternator for a boat is it has to be marine grade with spark arrestors and stuff and also can't be to high output since it runs on a v-belt. I think the next years motor had a serpentine system sure whis i had that!

I will also be adding a second big battery. Ive got enough room to stick an 8D battery in there. it's basically 2 group 31 batterys. It is the same battery that a lot of semi truck and mobile cranes use.

Well i got the new alternator in(going from a 75amp to a 140 amp alternator) and it looks bigger for sure but still fits in the same spot. I got new belts and will install them as well. We will see how good it keeps up next time we are on the water!

Here is the alternator sitting in its new home checking fitment.
IMG_01901_zpse244df13.jpg

a view of the back original is on left and new is on right This is a marine grade alternator
IMG_01961_zpsaefbcd45.jpg

front picture
IMG_01951_zps4eed585c.jpg

I'm a huge fan of those Audiobahn amps, I have one from around the 2001 era also. Let me know if you want to sell that thing I've been looking to buy another so I can strap them.

Archived