Second Skin Audio

12" level 4 m1s box design help

Nate Futuristic

your positive thats the max you have to work with/ what if you build the box in the car. i got you a slot port with tuning down to 31-32 but it isnt enough airspace. either go with aero ports or find more volume to work with....i could be wrong but thats what i came up with

Each sub only needs 1.5cu

I mean i could possibly do 24 deep again but that leaves no room in my trunk for my batts/amps which isnt a big deal cuz thats how it is now

Width is maxed and hight is maxed

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

.5 inches to tall tho.. if i take the .5 away what would tuning be?

Can you do a box design without them for me?

Max dim 14x34x22?

Tuning low 30s if possible

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

14H x 34W x 22D here's what I came up with, no dims on it for you just yet ;)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. All I will say is it is tuned just over 30.1 htzzz &&& the top is obvs off so you can see inside. This design has 3/4" wood 4.8 gross volume ... 16 inches port/foot... 3.1 cubes AFTER port... So each sub will see around 1.5 cubes like you wanted... My 18" btl box does not have any 45s and I have not had any problems with 34 htz tuning. Just use a good amount of glue and screws placed evenly. Also, the last box I built for a 15 Fi Q I used .5 inch wood with no 45s... Used a shit ton of glue and screws lol... And that 15 gets DAMN LOW, the tuning must be somewhere around 27-28htz and it shakes a full size truck cab no problem.

BOXDESIGN212s30htz.png

The lateral channels on a shared port need to be half width that that of the central duct, if you did your box like that, it's likely you are tuned higher than you think, almost like there were no lateral channels.

Ok thanks.

All I can say OP is to just build one of the designs and see what it sounds like lol. That's what I do..

New render:

BOXDESIGN212s30htz-1.png

And you don't need 45s.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

14H x 34W x 22D here's what I came up with, no dims on it for you just yet ;)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. All I will say is it is tuned just over 30.1 htzzz &&& the top is obvs off so you can see inside. This design has 3/4" wood 4.8 gross volume ... 16 inches port/foot... 3.1 cubes AFTER port... So each sub will see around 1.5 cubes like you wanted... My 18" btl box does not have any 45s and I have not had any problems with 34 htz tuning. Just use a good amount of glue and screws placed evenly. Also, the last box I built for a 15 Fi Q I used .5 inch wood with no 45s... Used a shit ton of glue and screws lol... And that 15 gets DAMN LOW, the tuning must be somewhere around 27-28htz and it shakes a full size truck cab no problem.

BOXDESIGN212s30htz.png

The lateral channels on a shared port need to be half width that that of the central duct, if you did your box like that, it's likely you are tuned higher than you think, almost like there were no lateral channels.

Ok thanks.

All I can say OP is to just build one of the designs and see what it sounds like lol. That's what I do..

New render:

BOXDESIGN212s30htz-1.png

And you don't need 45s.

I need a cut list tho and his last design was over my max specs a little.. if i wasnt a novice box buildee and could get mdf cheaper than 28 bucks a sheet id be all for "testing" lol

3/4 thickness MDF

Box

Front: (four pieces) 14.25 x 12.5 with a 12 inch hole cut in the center

Sides: (two pieces) 22 x 12.5

Top: 34 x 22

Bottom: 34 x 22

Back: 12.5 x 32.5

Port

(two pieces) 17 x 12.5

(two pieces) 8.625 x 12.5

Is it really that easy?

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

Wanna ride bikes?

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

Do horns get low

3/4 thickness MDF

Box

Port

(two pieces) 17 x 12.5

Is it really that easy?

Never underestimate the stupidity of a noob box builder... we all know what happened to the guy that didnt move the port :/

3/4 thickness MDF

Box

Port

(two pieces) 17 x 12.5

Is it really that easy?

Never underestimate the stupidity of a noob box builder... we all know what happened to the guy that didnt move the port :/

lol well I am myself am still a noob box builder that has built boxes. Surprisingly the boxes I have built do get loud haha.

Wanna ride bikes?

Do horns get low

Ok Nate so I reviewed the box above you were given and it is correct except it's tuned around 33Hz (better for it IMO) .

Thats if i drop the top down to 14 and all walls down to 12.5?

If so cool the last box i made that you did was tuned around there and got pretty low

or his?

When i punch it into torres i get like 36hz after displacement net vol like 3.4ish

I guess you got some numbers wrong, common walls, driver displacement.. etc.. to tune 30 Hz and in a short met volume, the box would need to be like this:

TPortDualturn.jpg

I really prefer not to do double turns in ports, besides it would likely need to be a bit larger also. The somewhat larger box I posted meant to boost low end with a slightly increased net volume (and port area) while preventing the port to take a second turn, the side effect is that is bigger.

If you don't want to go bigger than your max dimensions then do goldeneye4564's suggestion (3.1 cubes @ 33Hz), if you want to tune lower then something like the box in the picture above needs to get done.

Archived