Is a LPF on mids needed?

DubNDodge

So is my only choice spending $300+ on an amp that has a 4khz LPF?

Edit: ninja'd ^

Ok

They're on Ebay for 260-270...probably find em for less but I wasn't saying get that exact amp...I was saying to look for amps with a similar feature and it going to be hard to find a $100-200 amp with LPF and HPF and extended frequency ranges that puts out the power you need for those PWX mids and Tweets.

EDIT FOUND it for 240$ on ebay. Never have had experience with them myself. Read around a little and people seemed to like them.. CEA2006 if that means anything.

Not trying to knock it down but I thought that class D wasn't good for mids/highs. Still going to look into it though. Thanks for the suggestion

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Ok

They're on Ebay for 260-270...probably find em for less but I wasn't saying get that exact amp...I was saying to look for amps with a similar feature and it going to be hard to find a $100-200 amp with LPF and HPF and extended frequency ranges that puts out the power you need for those PWX mids and Tweets.

EDIT FOUND it for 240$ on ebay. Never have had experience with them myself. Read around a little and people seemed to like them.. CEA2006 if that means anything.

Not trying to knock it down but I thought that class D wasn't good for mids/highs. Still going to look into it though. Thanks for the suggestion

2010 SQ world Champ!!!

all class D amps

Just saying

just get a DSP and you can controll everything amp and extrnal xovers not needed

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Ok

2010 SQ world Champ!!!

all class D amps

Just saying

just get a DSP and you can controll everything amp and extrnal xovers not needed

Well I feel smart now. :pardon: Going to start looking into them now

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Ok

2010 SQ world Champ!!!

all class D amps

Just saying

I feel stupid now but whats a DSP?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

x2 I had to google it. Digital Sound Processor

^^^^ DSP = digital sound processor i.e alpine 701 or the 800 or an audison bit one or a JBL MS-8 arc audio ps8 and so on

you can also buy some amps like zappco with DSP's built in

most DSP can do it all x over points ANYWHERE you want them eq's phase Time alainment so on

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

^^^^ DSP = digital sound processor i.e alpine 701 or the 800 or an audison bit one or a JBL MS-8 arc audio ps8 and so on

Thanks. Imma look into one of the ones you listed above. I've been kinda looking at options and am wanting to do simple 2 way active setup. I don't want to fiberglass my doors or kicks or anything for 3 way. Sorry OP for the thread jack.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Thanks. Imma look into one of the ones you listed above. I've been kinda looking at options and am wanting to do simple 2 way active setup. I don't want to fiberglass my doors or kicks or anything for 3 way. Sorry OP for the thread jack.

No, thank you! I couldn't find anything. He just listed some options for you, which helped me :D

Gonna have to dig deeper in my pocket for this build... Oh well lol

I know some people dont like them, but i have never had a problem w/ my FMODS.. They do have a 3500LP model that would work and be cost effective for you.

What are FMODS?

I just realized that a DSP is going to be way out of my budget. The amplifier I am looking at has a HPF that will work for the tweets. Probably going to have to look into LPF passive crossover that is 4khz. When you look at the impedance of the crossover should it match the driver? If I use a 8 ohm crossover and a 8 ohm driver would make it so it is 4 ohm at the amp or would it be eight?

They are little RCA type adaptors that plug into the RCA input on the amp. You can buy them in various HP/LP values. I got mine for approx 30.00 per set. Here is some info on them:

http://store.hlabs.c...re.pl?section=9

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH
8 - 18" Fi SP4 Subwoofers (fully loaded)

B Pillar 4th Order (75 cubes)
2 - Ampere Audio 8.0 TFE Amps

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids
6 - Crescendo XST2 Supertweeters

2 - Selenium ST200 Supertweeters
DC Power 320 Alt & Js Ultimate 270

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log:
http://www.stevemead...01bdcp-updated/