175.8db With 1 9910z And Stetsom 7k

PaulO2288

I think it all depends, like every one is always saying, 80% install 20% equipment. The 2 setups I have heard with DD subs sounded like ass IMO, but it could have been the install because there are some people who swear they sound great.

you are comparing apples to oranges my friend. That 10 is used for all out SPL applications...as is there is no musical ability what-so-ever. The Caddy is made to pound the shit out of music all day long, not burp for 3 seconds.

TDH FTW !!!

i know alan has hit a 180.xx...as WF last year he did a 179

Posted Image

Posted Image

u cant really compare an Z sub to anything from FI...its for a completely different purpose....T3 and atomic are the only comparables imo, when u are talking about very few woofers with a ton of power

i likes me some audio stuff...

So your saying a DD 10" subwoofer can smoke Chickens Catty in a spl competition?

A 10 inch woofer can hit 175.8 dB rating? HOLY...I didn't know that shit was possible. DD has to be worth easily over a thousand lol. Why don't more people use these in competition. I am not going to truly believe this without proof...lol...that is just disgusting loud for a 10.

its true but the DDZ subs are ungodly expensive and take a shitload of power to run so most people spend the money on a bunch of cheaper subs. plus im not sure if this is true dont know if its still a rumor or not but DD picks who they will sell the Z sub to? there was a debate about this i dont remember the outcome.

So your saying a DD 10" subwoofer can smoke Chickens Catty in a spl competition?

A 10 inch woofer can hit 175.8 dB rating? HOLY...I didn't know that shit was possible. DD has to be worth easily over a thousand lol. Why don't more people use these in competition. I am not going to truly believe this without proof...lol...that is just disgusting loud for a 10.

yes...

i likes me some audio stuff...

This is my first time replying but have been coming to this site for over a year. I bought my DD 3515D from the same shop that is associated with Alan (Team Us Audio) in Baltimore,Md. I can pretty much garuntee that you will never see pics of his sub setup. He has all his windows blacked-out so no one can see how he puts up the numbers he does. I do know that the entire car is lined with concrete and the car itself is the enclosure if that makes any sense. I can also say that these numbers are definatly from a TL meter. Why would the world champion waste his time with an AC meter?

TDH FTW !!!

This is my first time replying but have been coming to this site for over a year. I bought my DD 3515D from the same shop that is associated with Alan (Team Us Audio) in Baltimore,Md. I can pretty much garuntee that you will never see pics of his sub setup. He has all his windows blacked-out so no one can see how he puts up the numbers he does. I do know that the entire car is lined with concrete and the car itself is the enclosure if that makes any sense. I can also say that these numbers are definatly from a TL meter. Why would the world champion waste his time with an AC meter?

That makes sense, putting concrete in the car so the bass bounces off instead of being absorbed. I wonder how much that weighs the car down?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

I still dont know how people are unbiased of DD, or havent heard of them. DD was my first subwoofer love addiction since my friend had some Bass Mekanik 15"s back in the mid 90sthey were loud as hell on a 900/1000watt PPI amp from the day. I have loved them, and loved the sound from every DD sub/set up I ever heard. The engineers there just really know how to do thiere sht.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Well isn't the RE van filled with concrete and it weighs like 12k right? Also I had two 3512's in a prefab and they sounded pretty damn good off of a 600 watt amp so it makes sense that they are hitting such high numbers.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Archived