Second Skin Audio

12" Kicker L7 Problem, It Smells Bad

Hey Guys I need an box designed for if you could, I have a 12" Kicker L7 Dual 4 ohm VC and a Kicker ZX750.1 running 936 watts rms. I would like it ported tuned @ 40 hz with 3.25cubic feet, my caddy trunk is 42" Long, 36" Wide, and 15" Tall at the maximum. Thanks for the help, I am using 3/4" MDF screwed every 2 1/2" Glued and Caulked.

Thanks again,

Luke

Edited by korndog2003
Siggy.png

Hey Guys I built the box and it sounds amazing btw.. Thanks for the design, ima try to donate to you if dad lets me use his paypal.

But I am having a problem I think, I have had a few different brand subs, audiopipe 12"s, kcker cvr 12, and some crappy dual audio subs.

The L7's problem is it starts stinking up the car, it really stinks bad like almost a burning smell, is it normal since it is ported and brand new, will it go away after it breaks in? The other subs didn't stink except for the audio pipes.... See I work at the store I bought it from and need to know if i need to return it.

is it the voice coil oil making that smell?

Siggy.png