Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

help needed box design for two pioneer ts-w3002d4


Guest akm350z@live.com

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so here's how to do the 45s inside the port:

TPort-45s.jpg

If one sheet will be enough it really depends on how the materials are cut so it's not that easy to tell, I would recommend having your MDF purchased at home depot and they will cut it for you, just giving them the cutsheet. Here are some box building guidelines that I frequently post:

Box building tips:

1 Build a cardboard dummy box to see if it fits perfectly in the way in and if you can close the trunk lid without problems.

2) use Titebond II wood glue and MDF/Drywall screws and once it dried apply silicone caulk to avoid any potential leaks.

3) you can get your MDF wood cutted at Home depot, just need a jigsaw to finish the job.

On that amp the subsonic knob has an arrow that when pointing up it's at 25Hz so a bit to the right from that position should be ok, it doesn't have to be exact, what you should look into is setting your gains right and having a proper electrical for that amp.

Any other questions let me know.

Thanks for the advice. Im gonna get to it real soon, will post pics after I'm done.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

2 inch gap on the port?

And thanks for the help

Better post the dims you are working with, vehicle and amp you are using and I can post specs for a single sub box that would be better suited for your application.

Posted

Alotta newbies gettin on here and just getting box designs and not really know what is involved in building a "good" box. To help all yall out you should really read up on some of the threads on this forum and see how people building boxes are doing it. Just getting a picture from JoeX about a desing and not really knowing what your getting into you can fuck some shit up. Just my .02 CENTS

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

Posted

This is going in the back of a jeep with no back seats or top, so space is really not an issue. The amp is a GM-D9601.

Thanks again for the help

It's not a big box either way but I'd like to have the model just to take a look. Also I am assuming you have the ts-w3002 dual 2 ohm coils, if it is the dual 4 ohm you will only have 500W of power wiring in parallel.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 539 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...