Viper 5701 + my cobalt

Hey guys,

I don't post much but this problem is currently irking me. I had a Viper 5701 installed recently in my car with the cheaper bypass that requires a key to be under my dashboard. Ever since the alarm has been installed i've been having the same problem. I had it installed by a friend of a friend (who works at a shop but did it on the side). I'm currently at the stage where I am just trying to understand why it does what it does.

Right now, when i go to turn my car off, it keeps running, until the "security" system in the car see's it running without the key and cuts it off (often results in my car having the security light flashing until I insert the key into the ignition for a second even if I don't turn it). The problem doesn't happen when i cut the car off using the alarm, like, if remote start my car, get in and hit the brake without the key, it cuts off instantly. Or if I remove start and then stop by hitting remote start again it cuts off instantly.

My question is this, it is clearly something wrong where the viper unit is not sensing the car turning off, how does the alarm know to turn off ? I am planning on trying to eventually upgrade to a 5901, but i'm not about to spend more money until I get this issue sorted out.

Team L.I. S.P.L

- DC XL 18 M2

- DC 3.5K

- Mechman 270

- XS & Shuriken batts

try the more expensive bypass. see if that fixes it. it sounds more like an issue with the bypass than anything.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

try the more expensive bypass. see if that fixes it. it sounds more like an issue with the bypass than anything.

My issue is getting a hold of the guy to install it, or fix this issue, ever since the alarm has been installed he has mysteriously disappeared and ducks phone calls / texts. Mind you i'm a patient person, but i think were going on like 2 and a half months now, im personally about to start piecing the install together and see where everything is going/ran to attemp a fix myself.

I didnt think it could be the bypass itself

Team L.I. S.P.L

- DC XL 18 M2

- DC 3.5K

- Mechman 270

- XS & Shuriken batts

Archived