Sonic Electronix

Why am i not as loud as i used to be?

so my current set up is a crescendo bc2000d, and 2 SA-12s. box is ~5cubes with an 8" aeroport tuned to 34Hz

my previous set up was 2 alpine type R's on a Alpine MRP-M1000 with a ~4.5cube box with a 6" aeroport tuned to 32Hz.

both had/have sufficient electrical for their demands.

but the Type R's flexed my car more, got lowered and you could feel it in you're gut more.

(mind you, i got my hood to ripple with my 2 HDC3's but swapped one of them for my friend's two SAs)

is my current port too big? is the box size not what it should be for the power i'm pushing? is my tuning off?

Sounds like the big is too big, and the woofer is losing control, especially with the amount of power ran

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I mean't "The box is too big" lol, my bad, type too damn fast lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i'm going to go ahead and guess you meant port.

they Type R's loved that enclosure, i sure felt it.

so i guess after i built a nice enclosure for that HDC3 i traded my friend, i'll look into a 6"

that 6" precision port looks promising so i guess ill brace that bitch up and slap it in.

and i guess i'll tune to a nice 32hz for the SA, unless someone has a better suggestion for them?:)

oh box. i mean i had 2 HDC3 12s in the same box and it didn't sound great.

and i know that the hdc3's like a bit of a bigger box. (and even so i had to account for more motor displacement)

so i should downsize the box, and about the port?

someone mentioned an 8" is a bit big for 2 12s?

one 6" isnt enough port for 2 sa-12's maybe try 3 4" ports?

1 6" isnt enough for 2 12s? well i have a 8" right now...

which is more than 3 4" ports....

so what im getting here is the size of the box is too big? but the size of my 8" is sufficient?

Box is way too big for the power. You know, cuz they are 600 watt woofers.

Try 2 6" ports. My 12" mayhems loved that amount of port. And shrink the box down.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived