Second Skin Audio

Ermagerd!!!

BobbyG2

I would love to try 4 of these bishes out in my wall sometime, but I would need to wait until they get tooled 18" baskets first. Wouldnt mind having a moofer that could take an ass ton of power and mechanically take the abuse more than my lvl 5s.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

What's the mounting depth on these and have you done any testing with them in a sealed box? Seriously, I'm interested!

Depends what size. They are all 12" and deeper and do have a pole vent that needs clearance. I tested 1 prototype sealed and was not happy with its performance. However, the production model may do better. Overall, as of right now, I wouldn't recommend it, though it will work fine in 4th order.

I would love to try 4 of these bishes out in my wall sometime, but I would need to wait until they get tooled 18" baskets first. Wouldnt mind having a moofer that could take an ass ton of power and mechanically take the abuse more than my lvl 5s.

After CES I will determine what will happen with the 18" basket. I will likely be changing to a different open tool basket that is stronger until the tooled basket is done.

These things look serious and I like the name lol. In the vid you posted with the demo of the prototype 18 it seemed like the box was tuned high, how do they sound tuned really low?

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

These things look serious and I like the name lol. In the vid you posted with the demo of the prototype 18 it seemed like the box was tuned high, how do they sound tuned really low?

Depending what video you're referring to, it was either tuned to 37 hz or 32 hz (I think that's what the second box was). The lower tuning and 0.5 cu. ft. smaller was actually louder across the board. On the prototype 15, that guy tried 3 different boxes and in his application the lower he tuned the louder it got. He's tuned to 25 I think now.

Archived