Focus Acoustics Volvo S70 from Finland

• 1 month later...

Noup. Just been cruising around and enjoying. :lol: Well there's new port coming soon (larger port with higher tune, trying to break that magical 150dB).

volvofocussmd.jpg

Volvo S70 - 150.8dB @ 46hz from the trunk of the sedan with 3.5kW

Noup. Just been cruising around and enjoying. :lol: Well there's new port coming soon (larger port with higher tune, trying to break that magical 150dB).

Yiissssss! You should get another port tuned to like 34! Those subs remind me of AQ/DD so I'm assuming you lose upper end if you tune low, but if those subs do well lower then make a 28hz port!!!

E34 540iT/6

Yiissssss! You should get another port tuned to like 34! Those subs remind me of AQ/DD so I'm assuming you lose upper end if you tune low, but if those subs do well lower then make a 28hz port!!!

He said he's tuning higher, and if it shares the same characteristics of AQ/DD, then tuning lower is a bad idea, especially when the car peaks high

Hope you break that 50 R-to :)

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

He said he's tuning higher, and if it shares the same characteristics of AQ/DD, then tuning lower is a bad idea, especially when the car peaks high

Yea I know I said that.. ha.. I just said to make ANOTHER port tuned low to swap out for fun sometimes..

E34 540iT/6

Yea I know I said that.. ha.. I just said to make ANOTHER port tuned low to swap out for fun sometimes..

He already can do that, when he uses just one 6' aero port instead of 2, he's tuned to 27 hz lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Now it's tuned @ 36hz. Peaks 148.8dB @ 48hz (with music). Soooo... If I increase the port area and tune it up to 40-42hz, it also will "breathe" better. ;o I think the enclosure volume isn't enough for three twelves, so only thing I can do properly is playing highs. ^___^ But that's fine, since our new racesong got notes from 38hz up to 59hz.

volvofocussmd.jpg

Volvo S70 - 150.8dB @ 46hz from the trunk of the sedan with 3.5kW

• 2 weeks later...

Archived