Getting Screwed By My Local Audio Shop......

Well a few months back I got two Kicker CVR 12s along with a Rockford Fosgate 750-1D. At the time I really had no knowledge of wiring or voice coils what so ever. So now that I upgraded to my Fi 15 I was gonna sale the 12s. Well I was researching voice coils and wiring guides to make sure i got the right thing and then it hit me, there was no way my 12s were wired to one ohm. So I borrowed my dads dmm and checked it out anddddddd.......it read 2 ohms. Well I was under the impression when i bought it that I would be getting all 750 watts from my amp, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with two dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. So I went back since I was told i had a year warranty to see if I could get them replaced for what they should have originally ordered. Well of all of my car audio receipts I keep, I couldn't find that one, ( turns out because i was never given one)well it didn't come up in their computer on my long list of stuff that I'v bought from them, so they told me to bring the sub in the next day (because it was almost closing time) so they could check the serial. So the next day i came back and they found no trace what so ever that I bought the sub from them or where it came from and all they could tell me is that the employee that sold it too me must have pocketed the cash.So no replacements for me. But my question is he had to ordered them in so how do they have no trace of that so apparently he got the subs from somewhere else (my theory). Anyways this was my little rant just to see what you guys think or if you have a similar experience.

Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400

XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter

Mechman 240a alt

My local shop has shit on every idea I've ever thrown by them for systems. They have very few brands they think are good, which are some good brands, but they just don't think outside those brands and are expensive as hell. So I don't go there for any work. I do it myself.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

My local shop has shit on every idea I've ever thrown by them for systems. They have very few brands they think are good, which are some good brands, but they just don't think outside those brands and are expensive as hell. So I don't go there for any work. I do it myself.

I know the feeling. My two local shops sale kicker and JL.......my Fi Q was worth the shipping and month wait.

Mechman 240a alt

I have no one to blame but myself if there is something wrong with my system. I always do my own work, even if it's wrong.

Sorry bout your bad experience.

I don't bother discussing systems when it comes to shops, that shit I do myself. Last Audio shop I went to, I went to get a quote to tint my car lol

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I don't bother discussing systems when it comes to shops, that shit I do myself. Last Audio shop I went to, I went to get a quote to tint my car lol

Yea its hard to do when anything you say to them, they just respond with " this over here will do just as well or better " and I'm like yea and I'm king of America

Mechman 240a alt

Yea its hard to do when anything you say to them, they just respond with " this over here will do just as well or better " and I'm like yea and I'm king of America

Don't bring up anything when in the shop, and this is a good time to learn to do things yourself

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Don't bring up anything when in the shop, and this is a good time to learn to do things yourself

I have since then

Mechman 240a alt

So which do you have? Fi Q or Bl

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

Archived