Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 Also in the OP, it says "I was under the impression I would be getting the full 750 watts" not, and I repeat NOT "I was told I purchased two D4s to wire to 1 ohm nominal to get 800 watts." So. You saw 750, thought you were getting 750, weren't, and now it means you were screwed over. I'm still laughing here that I'm the slow and ignorant one. No I didn't just read it somewhere, thats what I was told by the shop, that I would be getting full power from the amp. I then asked how much that would be. They then said 800 at one ohm. Not 450-500 at two ohm. I guess only four more times to go now. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 Boom roasted, don't you hate when you stick your own thumb up your ass? Lulz. Can't blame anyone but yourself for losing the reciept, can you? I never got the receipt. But yes it was my fault by not making sure they gave me one I do realize that. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 and there really wasn't anything done here that screwed him over. I was told I would be getting the full power from the amp.(800w at one ohm) I was told I would have a year warranty. I have neither. Are you just slow or something. I mean I guess I can explain it six more times if its that hard to understand. No, you're slow. Even wired to 1 ohm nominal does mean you will ever see 800 watts of continuous output. So once again, you weren't screwed out of anything. A couple hundred watts doesn't mean anything. Learn to install your own setup before calling someone slow I have genius. Setup is completely different now done by yours truly. And obviously it wouldn't put out exactly 800. Everyone knows what impedance rise is. And yes you are very stubborn and slow. So you're pissed about it not putting out 800w even though you know it won't put out 800w? Guess you didn't read the OP Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
TeamHT Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 I believe he's mad because he didn't get what he paid for. It's very simple to understand that. And what exactly did he pay for? According to the OP he doesn't know about wiring and voicecoil configurations, so what did he order? What did he pay for? No receipt and no record, we have records of every sale or service provided in our shop. Maybe I'm overanalyzing due to actually working in the industry and seeing shops slammed for no reason. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 Five more times lol Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
KillaCam Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 I read it... You got exactly what you paid for. You must not know how the amp works. Just because you're wired at 1ohm doesn't mean you're going to magically get 750w constant from the amp. It just doesn't work that way. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
TeamHT Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 Well a few months back I got two Kicker CVR 12s along with a Rockford Fosgate 750-1D. At the time I really had no knowledge of wiring or voice coils what so ever. So now that I upgraded to my Fi 15 I was gonna sale the 12s. Well I was researching voice coils and wiring guides to make sure i got the right thing and then it hit me, there was no way my 12s were wired to one ohm. So I borrowed my dads dmm and checked it out anddddddd.......it read 2 ohms. Well I was under the impression when i bought it that I would be getting all 750 watts from my amp, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with two dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. So I went back since I was told i had a year warranty to see if I could get them replaced for what they should have originally ordered. Well of all of my car audio receipts I keep, I couldn't find that one, well it turns out it didn't come up in their computer on my long list of stuff that I'v bought from them, so they told me to bring the sub in the next day (because it was almost closing time) so they could check the serial. So the next day i came back and they found no trace what so ever that I bought the sub from them or where it came from and all they could tell me is that the employee that sold it too me must have pocketed the cash.So no replacements for me. But my question is he had to ordered them in so how do they have no trace of that so apparently he got the subs from somewhere else (my theory). Anyways this was my little rant just to see what you guys think or if you have a similar experience. Will quote my response when on an actual computer. Too much fail to be handled from my mobile, lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 I read it... You got exactly what you paid for. You must not know how the amp works. Just because you're wired at 1ohm doesn't mean you're going to magically get 750w constant from the amp. It just doesn't work that way. I don't have that warranty that I magically paid for either. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
nvr2loud Posted November 24, 2012 Report Posted November 24, 2012 I believe he's mad because he didn't get what he paid for. It's very simple to understand that. And what exactly did he pay for? According to the OP he doesn't know about wiring and voicecoil configurations, so what did he order? What did he pay for? No receipt and no record, we have records of every sale or service provided in our shop. Maybe I'm overanalyzing due to actually working in the industry and seeing shops slammed for no reason. I understand the not having the receipt thing is his fault, but I believe his story that he bought the speakers there. I don't see why he would come on here to make the story up, but who knows it is the internet. I know I would be a little mad if I brought my stuff to have it hooked up by a shop & later find out that they didn't hook it up or order me what they said they did. But I don't have that problem because I hook all my stuff up myself.
Cox Posted November 24, 2012 Author Report Posted November 24, 2012 Well a few months back I got two Kicker CVR 12s along with a Rockford Fosgate 750-1D. At the time I really had no knowledge of wiring or voice coils what so ever. So now that I upgraded to my Fi 15 I was gonna sale the 12s. Well I was researching voice coils and wiring guides to make sure i got the right thing and then it hit me, there was no way my 12s were wired to one ohm. So I borrowed my dads dmm and checked it out anddddddd.......it read 2 ohms. Well I was under the impression when i bought it that I would be getting all 750 watts from my amp, but obviously that wasn't going to happen with two dual 2 ohm voice coil subs. So I went back since I was told i had a year warranty to see if I could get them replaced for what they should have originally ordered. Well of all of my car audio receipts I keep, I couldn't find that one, well it turns out it didn't come up in their computer on my long list of stuff that I'v bought from them, so they told me to bring the sub in the next day (because it was almost closing time) so they could check the serial. So the next day i came back and they found no trace what so ever that I bought the sub from them or where it came from and all they could tell me is that the employee that sold it too me must have pocketed the cash.So no replacements for me. But my question is he had to ordered them in so how do they have no trace of that so apparently he got the subs from somewhere else (my theory). Anyways this was my little rant just to see what you guys think or if you have a similar experience. Will quote my response when on an actual computer. Too much fail to be handled from my mobile, lol It's alright don't waste your time. It went from funny to just boring and repetitive from reading them. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.