Anybody With A Alpine Deck And Sirius

I am thinking of taking out my excelon deck and getting the 9887 deck that alpine has. I am a bit confused on the satellite radio hookup. The alpine site says I need the sirius box KCA - SC100 , AND a sirius tuner? Is this right? why doesnt the one box do it? and I don't want a dash mounted sirius tuner, I want it like I have it now thru the deck.

I am intrigued at this Alpine deck since A.) it is only around 300-350 dollars, B.) it is high speed compatible with the iPod touch, C.) I can get the imprint system later, D.) it is not a Kenwood ( starting to be very let down by one of my all time favorite brands) E.) it has the 4 volt pre-outs and finally it has blue lights to match the FJ cruiser:)

Any body got any help or a parts list to offer up? I have never had a Alpine deck so this will be new to me, I need the ipod to hook up and the satellite radio to work.

Thanks..... Tax money is in so I wanna make a few changes now, and what ever is left over from my trip to Cali in march will go into a new alternator and some more Bass ( soundown 300, 2 - FI BTL 15" , and another battery .....!!!!

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

i have alpine and sirius..i have the d310 7" touchscreen dvd headunit. you buy the sirius reciever for alpine unit. it connects to your radio via ai-net cable. my radio supported ipod but is not ipod ready. meaning no cable off the radio so i had to buy the ipod adapter which connects through the sirius box via ai-net cable

and its all good

I use the Sir-Alp1 for my Sirius through the deck.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

so do I just need the one box or two different pieces?

The SIR-ALP1 looks just like what I have for my kenwood unit, kinda sucks that it won't swap.... If the radio claims to be sat ready , then what is with the KCA-SC100 ?

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

It looks like the KCA-Sc100 is the newer version of the Alp-Sir1. So you should be good with just the newer version.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived