$600 console killer/media pc (pre-build)

I concur with putting a better PSU in there than the one you have listed:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

Excellent deal there for only $45 over budget.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

im not saying it wont work im saying it will last longer if u are overdueing the psu it will pop eventually usually when they are way underrated around a year depending on the maker if cheap sooner than later the 450 will work but if you want it to last longer the 750 would be the wise choice

here cheap 750 w in your budget http://www.ebay.com/...=item41611bfeeb

neweggs prices are usually high on some things

I understand what you're trying to say now. Basically get a higher watt psu so that I'm not maxing it out all the time, which could lead to the psu going boom? I would prefer to stay away from "cheap" psu companies. Would like to go with corsair, silverstone, enermax, seasonic etc, as those are proven companies. And yes newegg is high on some products but I would like to order everthing from the same place if possible

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

I concur with putting a better PSU in there than the one you have listed:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817139021

Excellent deal there for only $45 over budget.

That is a good deal. Definitely in for consideration

@OP: Not bad.

well lets see that was the standard watts in a regular p3 for gaming and today most good gaming rigs are using 1600 and the standard case comes with a 400 for 40 buck s so and those usually fry out from being over driven i would say get a 750

The reason why the PSUs that come with cases fry is because they are cheap junk that are usually overrated, and some blow before they even hit 60-70% of their rated load. Think of it like one of those cheap junk amplifiers that everybody hates on here. A similar rule of thumb applies to computer PSUs as well.

Also where in the hell did you get 1600 from? That would be somewhat true if he was going to run something like 4 GTX 690s, but even just a 750W PSU is way overkill for those specs. I would say upwards of a 550W or 650W PSU would be fine while still giving a little extra headroom for future upgrades, if desired.

Edit: ninja'd with the "no desire to upgrade" but I included it anyway

aparently you havent seen any of the real gaming rigs just cheap generics ones i been building for customers for 18 years i have never had a problem with 1 hardware wise but when you build something u use good parts not cheap shit but if its cheap you want thats fine but if you want it to last you pay the price my general computers uses a 900 watt

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

I actually have seen real gaming rigs.

I have been saying to use good stuff all along, I never said to use cheap crap. I said NOT TO USE IT. You are the one suggesting the cheap crap, like the Kentek.

I notice that I mistyped in that post. I was referring to the OPs rig in the second part of the second sentence in the second paragraph.

Mine has a good 750W (NZXT Hale series), which is perfectly fine for my hardware configuration while still giving me enough headroom to upgrade. I am EXTREMELY PICKY when it comes to PSUs. I know which ones to use and which ones to stay away from

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

here is a review for the video card

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6359/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-650-ti-review

Look at their test setup and then look at the total idle and load power consumption. Yes I know that the only thing that is the same as my build is the gpu but this setup has similar power draw as the build I will be doing. Total system draw at load is around 250 watts . TDP for my gpu is 110 watts and TDp for my cpu is 100 watts plus random stuff my total power draw should be around the same as the test correct?

I still say 750 is extremely overkill, although the Kentek will probably only hit around 500W, but I"m not sure how stable the rails are with that high of a load. I don't feel like doing the math for it anyway.

I do think that the Corsair TX750 that Tarball posted is one hell of a deal, especially if you also do the rebate. The non-discounted price ($140) right around what I would expect to pay from something in that wattage range anyway (my minimum is about $100 for a 750). I would say go ahead and go for the Corsair, since it's heavily discounted, and you never know if you'll catch the "upgrade bug" (similar to the car audio one :P). I still say that a good 500-550W would be fine

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Archived