DD1 tuning for slowed music?

What are you wired to? 1 ohm? Half? Check it with a DMM

And where are you reading your voltage from? Alt? Battery? Amp? Somewhere else?

Also what are the specs on your box? Have you checked the resistance of each coil individually? Check for an off-center coil while you are at it. Lightly push around the edges of the subwoofer cone - you should be able to feel the coil "rock" into the pole piece. The pressure needed to do so all the way around should be roughly the same. If one woofer does it more easily when you push on one side, that could cause it too.

And the only other thing I can think of is a loading issue - they tend to become much more pronounced on low notes from my experience.

Check your speaker wires? Maybe something is grounding out?

I have bolt terminals 8 gauge direct leads to bolts wired in parallel then from bolt 8 gauge to the amp. Could the bolts be loose?

Low notes use more power, that's all I know. You could start drawing conclusions about how this might cause you problems from that alone but I'd test more. Back the gain off and see if the problem persists with the same track.

Pretty sure low notes don't always use more power. You use the least amount of power at your tuning frequency because that is where the impedance is the highest. 28hz shouldn't be too bad tuned to 30hz. My voltage always dropped the most at 45hz when I was tuned to 34 because the impedance was the lowest. Aaaam I wrong?

I'm probably wrong. With builds past I have noticed the worst voltage drop on the real low notes, but I can't claim I know how to explain it.

I've always noticed it's dependent on box tuning. If I play a bit below tuning, or significantly above it: that's when I get my worst voltage drop

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I have bolt terminals 8 gauge direct leads to bolts wired in parallel then from bolt 8 gauge to the amp. Could the bolts be loose?

Any wire grounding out can really cause it, not just the speaker wire. You should see if the amp is turning off/protecting on the lows.

E34 540iT/6

What are you wired to? 1 ohm? Half? Check it with a DMM

And where are you reading your voltage from? Alt? Battery? Amp? Somewhere else?

Also what are the specs on your box? Have you checked the resistance of each coil individually? Check for an off-center coil while you are at it. Lightly push around the edges of the subwoofer cone - you should be able to feel the coil "rock" into the pole piece. The pressure needed to do so all the way around should be roughly the same. If one woofer does it more easily when you push on one side, that could cause it too.

And the only other thing I can think of is a loading issue - they tend to become much more pronounced on low notes from my experience.

Its wired to 1 ohm.I'm getting the voltage from the amp.I'm check that with a ddm

Any wire grounding out can really cause it, not just the speaker wire. You should see if the amp is turning off/protecting on the lows.

About to go check that now that could be it...

About to go check that now that could be it...

Aight let us know!

E34 540iT/6

Its not going into protect... But I feel an air leak around the sub... I'm using a SD card.