SMD i need your help. I have a TPI 440 o-scope (great product btw) and need help trying to find additional lead wire connections for me to expand the items i can test with the o-scope. Currently it just has the scope itself, a clamp jaw, the stock alligator clips and the stock probe leads. What i was looking for that i stumbled upon years ago when i bought the 440 were tips that would penetrate through a wire's jacket allowing you to test the line without actually having to splice the jacket off to get to the wire inside it. Does anyone know what these adapters (if they still exist) are called? It looks kinda like these leads here that grab onto solid component wires like legs of a resistor but the ones im looking for have a pin inside the hook that when the hook is let go will push through the wire you want to test and make contact with the wire inside the insulation. http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/10X-Multimeter-Lead-Wire-Kit-SMD-IC-Hook-Test-Clip-Grabbers-Probes-Cable-Welding-13050/594981491.html

Please help me out with finding the name of them or maybe even a link to where to get them. I know the wire hooks are not what im looking for specifically but will get soon enough. Again, it functions like a wire hook but has a pin inside the hook that puts a tiny hole through the insulation to make contact with the wire you are testing.

Thanks SMD!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Apart from just using a smaller set of sharp probes, how about these:

http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool-warehouse/FLK-6405POM.html

http://www.ntxtools.com/network-tool-warehouse/ESI-140.html

Hard to make out some of the pics, but there's a few different options on the website.

:shrug:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Thanks so much dude. The first one is what i was really looking for. I asked Tony D'Amore last night on his FB and he linked them to me as well lol. The second kit is what im really looking for just not sure on the size of my scopes lead probe to make sure it attaches properly.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived