My little project for the car

So, I'm tired of looking for a good media player for my carputer. All i want is something i can operate without looking, doesn't cause me to stare at a screen to find a button and crash into oncoming traffic and does what it is suppose to do. I wanted a small, lightweight, fast program. Since it seems there is noting out there I am writing my own.

So far I have about 6 hours in it. That includes finding and editing the artwork. Right now, it will search and find media and build a library, and it plays mp3's (playing .wav's is a simple addition) It has visualizations and stuff, Volume control and that's about it.

I chose this button layout because it puts all the important controls right in my reach. Big easy to find buttons. No frills. Just simple and useful.

Anyway, this project should keep me busy for a while because i can add more and more features as needed, and I can make them work the way i want them to.

So leave a comment tell me what you think

Here are a couple screenshots of what i have so far

player.png

player3.png

player2.png

Awesome!!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Thumbs up!

2007 Peugeot 206 1400cc 75hp

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH 80PRS
Speakers+Tweeters Amplifier: 2 x Hifonics Colossus Generation X3
Bass Amplifiers: 2 x Taramps HD8000 (quadraple copper terminals by Toolmaker Metalworkz)
Tweeters: 6 x Digital Designs VO-B2 + 4 x Beyma CP21/f
Midrange Speakers: 20 x 8" Beyma 8M100 Nd
Subwoofers: 2 x Digital Designs 9918 walled
Alternators: Mechman 320A universal + Bosch 260A
RCA: Dragster OFC twisted triple shielded
Wires: 0gauge big3 upgrade with SP audio, Currents with SP audio, Grounds with Rockford Fosgate
Batteries: 980AH of power with copper rails.
Alarm: Python 5303P

So far 161.4 dB with a Cadence 9kW @ Salamina 2014.

Sweet man! This program can be used with Windows? Maybe I'll hit you up when I build the computer for my car! :)

I'm writing in in VB6, so it will run under win XP for sure. That is the o/s i will be using and I am going to put it on a SSD. So Speed is king here. I basically want a setup that goes from on-switch to ready to use as quick as possible.

It should run in Win 7 but it may need to be ran in comparability mode. After I compile it I will see how it does.

Ok, well I have made some progress, i havent had a lot of time to code, and i realized that when you haven't written anything in 5 years you get really rusty. lol

anyway, I think i have the Library building worked out well enough that it doesn't crash. I did find one bug that i think i can't do anything about. It happens with really really long folders + filenames. In rare situations it will give a file not found even though the file exists. It shouldn't be an issue for most people.

I have the Playlist option working, I still have to try to break it to see if there are any bugs in it.

Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Prev, Volume up and Volume Down seem to be working too.

I have a bunch of cosmetic things to tweak, and i would like to add video playback just for the sake of having it.

So, i still have plenty of work to do and ave to actually test it on the mobile screen to see how it will look.

That's all i have so far.

Are you coding this to where it can pull a .m3u playlist and load the actual data info from the source file to find the drive and file locations as well?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Well, i don't know the format of the .m3u. I can look into it though.

edit:

looking at the .m3u format, it isn't all that different than what i am doing already. Instead of # i am using ? to signify folders, so i don't think it would be a big deal to just change my playlist structure to .m3u so it's all the same.

Archived