4 15's walled in a 97 intrepid.

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to post this under The subwoofer/enclosure section..

Either way do lots and lots of research and look at the other members wall builds for inspiration.

Anyone can throw up a wall in there back yard in a day or 2. However building a wall that performs Is a diffrent game.

My best advice would be to do a good month or so of research.

During those 2 months save up a good 2-5k

If you are going to take the plunge and wall, No short cuts should be taken.

What kind of subs do you plan on using?

Walls require alot of power to get loud.

So plan on spending a good 1-2k of your budget on 2 good amps saz2500's ,crescendo 3500's, AQ2200's would be your best bet for a fair price.

Any who.

Start by running your electrical first so your not having to fish wires through and around your wall.

Then begin framing your wall. take measurements, and make sure you end up with cubes required for your subs.

Dont forget to account for sub,port displacement!!

After your frame is built and bolted to the car, When i built mine, i was lucky enough to be able to bolt it down where the rear seatbelt brackets where . either way make sure your frame is secure..

Then buy some mdf, birch, id highly recommend doing 2 layers of wood all around and 2-6 layers for the front baffle is a must expecially if your running heavy subs.

But if you dont belive me then go ahed a build your single layer front baffle and be ready to turn your subs every week from them blowing out of the wall ;) smh wall building takes time and patients. you will put lots of blood sweat and beers into your first wall just to realize that you will have to rebuild it later to make up for what your current wall lacks.

After rebuilding your wall, ports multiple times, you will begin to find the sweet spot for your car. Its a huge learning experiance. and every cars cabin is diffrent.

As i said befor,Research!!

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

Walls dont need to have alot of power to get loud

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

I wasnt happy with 3500rms in my car at all. i mean i was prolly doing 150s but still why have a wall that only does 50's trunk cars get 50s all day..

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

Anything over 5k is alot to me lol. Im still learning myself..

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

look at my build log.

if you dont have any prior building or wood working experience you are probably in over your head.

your gonna need at least one person to help out also.

just do alot of research i have seen some fail wall builds here

2 fi btl 18s on 2 crescendo 3500s walled in a 2dr 2000 alero build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141663-2-walled-btls-18-on-7k-in-a-2000-2dr-alero/

Archived