Second Skin Audio

downfiring box in a single cab?

cmw5e

i was wondering if anyone has any experience doing a downfiring box behind the seat in a single cab truck? i have a bench seat and dont plan on changing so i cant do a middle console box only options i have are behind the seat. i currently have a 10" type r in a 1.2 cu ft box facing forward with a 4" port firing out the side. i was wondering if anyone had tried any other way and get some feedback before i started messing around with any other box alignment

I run sub-forward port-up and I love it in my GMT400 Silverado. But it isn't near as loud on the same amp in a 2012 Dodge Ram singlecab. Before I got my SSD 10 I had a pair of borrowed CVR 10's on my 750 in a downfire box facing the back wall of my truck and it sounded decent for a sealed setup. Pounded out higher notes but sucked ass on the lower than 45hz stuff.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

97 f150. current dimensions on my box with sub firing forward on passenger side and port out drivers side is 38 wide, 14, tall, and only 7 deep. i can go deeper. i could go a few inches more wide but with the extra battery it doesnt leave much room. 14 tall is as tall as i can get going under the hump indention on the cab. i hate the fords for this cant go up to the window line without getting creative because of the huge ass indention

7" top depth means you have some room if you angle it down the back of the seats? Maybe 9-10" bottom depth perhaps? I've currently got a box in my regular cab GMC(2003) that's 1.5 cubes with 2-19" long ports that are 3" diameter firing into the B-pillar. My box is not nearly as deep though. It's 50 or 52" wide(can't remember). I'm only at like 5" TD and 7"BD. you've got plenty of room to get a different setup in there if you want. To get the right amount of port for aurspace and desired tuning frequency, I'm not sure you could run the ports vertically. I don't think you'd be able to get them long enough to give enough port area, or correct tuning frequency.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived