Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Yeah I'm gonna get it checked out tomorrow and get it either replaced or fight about it. Only had them since July so they're very much under warranty. I'll keep you guys posted.

No soldering yet. Was working on a parts unit but haven't heard back yet. Tonight I may try some.

For the state, I'm trying to just get in right now. I took the Office Tech Typing exam cause I've been doing office work and included in that is transcription for the last 5-6 years. I type about 80-85 wpm. Maybe more, I haven't been tested in a few years. My brother works for a department in the state already for about 7 years now and hes going to talk to his manager about trying to get me in. So we'll see. My ultimate goal is to get over to the contractors board and become an inspector. Ahhh dreams!!

Soldering tonight!!

OTS?

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

Damn I haven't seen the build in a minute. Everything looks good. Any reason why the box is so close to the cabin? Still need room for groceries?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Yeah I'm gonna get it checked out tomorrow and get it either replaced or fight about it. Only had them since July so they're very much under warranty. I'll keep you guys posted.

No soldering yet. Was working on a parts unit but haven't heard back yet. Tonight I may try some.

For the state, I'm trying to just get in right now. I took the Office Tech Typing exam cause I've been doing office work and included in that is transcription for the last 5-6 years. I type about 80-85 wpm. Maybe more, I haven't been tested in a few years. My brother works for a department in the state already for about 7 years now and hes going to talk to his manager about trying to get me in. So we'll see. My ultimate goal is to get over to the contractors board and become an inspector. Ahhh dreams!!

Soldering tonight!!

OTS?

What is OTS?

Damn I haven't seen the build in a minute. Everything looks good. Any reason why the box is so close to the cabin? Still need room for groceries?

I guess in a way yes. No I don't grocery shop often or enough that I actually need trunk space, but I do have my two daughters and usually have their scooters, and other things in the car. Sometimes I use the trunk for that etc. I was hoping to squeeze enough room in there for my golf clubs too but that's not nearly as important. But, even scooting up another 2-3", ill have space in there between the enclosure and the seat. In a wedge it'll give from 3" on top to about 13-14" on the bottom. So there is some space. Just not willing to take up the whole trunk just yet. Maybe when my girls are out of their car seats etc.

No help here but man that looks good. I know you're going for the nendo colors but you and I know those are sexy giant colors ;)

I actually thought of that when I was thinking of the color scheme. My favorite color is orange, Giants are my favorite team, and crescendo is black and orange. So it's a win all the way across the board. Waiting on my orange DC Audio sticker to out on the sub too!

No help here but man that looks good. I know you're going for the nendo colors but you and I know those are sexy giant colors ;)

x2 i like the orange port

Thanks! Gonna answer your pm now.

Ok so I've got things figured out on the enclosure. Need to just get it installed now. HOWEVER, won't be able to do that probably till the weekend.

TONIGHT though, I have a couple of options. I can either work on the tablet bezel again, getting it sanded, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I can get the head unit back out, and try soldering that up. I'll decided tonight, depending on how I feel.

Ok guys, so after working on the head unit extension for most of the afternoon, it's turned out to be an EPIC FAILURE! I've screwed up my one good unit and as well screwed up the other half. I still have a good working faceplate and there's possibly a guy who has a brain with a bad face plate that I can buy for cheap. But at this point, the face plate extension is a no go bust!! I'm gonna step back and see what I'm going to do from here. NOT HAPPY!!!

Nothing huh!? I see how it is! No one wants to read, they just wanna see pics! I'll see what I can come up with!

I've got nothing right now. Thought I had a few on the carnage of the failure that was the head unit extension yesterday, but alas I don't!

I have a new plan though. Going to break down and just pick up a Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS in the next week or so. When money comes in! I can use it for bluetooth to do the tablet and my phone with. Also has some other features that are nice, like HD Radio. I will look into a faceplate extension on this one as well, but I have a different thought about where it's going to go. So I'll work on that in the next couple weeks.

I'm going to get back on the tablet dash and getting that finished now. So that should get some love in the next couple days. I think I have some free time this weekend, except a wrapping day to get all the christmas gifts wrapped. But other than that, I'm going to see about getting the enclosure put into the trunk, since I have all that figured out and back on track anyway.

So plenty coming up! I'll see about getting some good progress up here shortly. OH ALSO, heard from Mike Singer yesterday and he said he had to get a new pulley for my alt, cause the one he put on was wrong, I can't remember, had 7 grooves on it or something. I think my belt is a 6 groove. But at least he let me know what was up and that there was a delay, and that's the kind of customer service I love. Should ship by the end of the week and should be here next week, course there's Christmas, so we'll see when it will be here. I was just appreciative of his information!

Ok that's it!

So I managed to get a little progress done on the tablet dash bezel today. Had a half day off cause of the holiday, so I decided to utilize it! Since the head unit thing didn't work out, and while I have another idea on how to get the head unit in, I have to figure out how to get the lower dash trim off. Apparently that's going to be an absolute bitch to do. But I'm up for the challenge!

So here we go. First layer went on the last time I posted about this. So today I sanded that down to see where we stood. Bought 4 different grits of paper at Depot last night. This should get me through the project. I hope anyway!

20121221_144134.jpg

Here's what it looked like before sanding

20121221_144532.jpg

That's not an actual baseball game in the background btw. It's "Trouble With The Curve". Had to have some entertainment while I sanded!

20121221_144606.jpg

20121221_144618.jpg

20121221_144627.jpg

And after sanding!

20121221_152535.jpg

20121221_152544.jpg

20121221_152556.jpg

So there were still some issue areas that needed addressing. The upper left area, where the drop down was before, still needed some filling. The sides needed addressing as well. And some other areas of course!

So, layer 2 here we go! I picked up some more cream hardener the other day at Lowes, cause I don't know who the genius was that decided WHITE hardener for white filler was a good idea, but it wasn't working for me! Can't even see if it's properly mixed or not! So I had to get some red. Anyway, here we go.

20121221_153648.jpg

20121221_153654.jpg

So I did layers on the inside sides, to put a bigger radius on the edges. Filled the upper left hand corner, and then filled the side as well. Basically went over all of it.

20121221_154614.jpg

20121221_154620.jpg

20121221_154626.jpg

Let that dry for a while, then sanded!

20121221_184953.jpg

20121221_184958.jpg

20121221_185009.jpg

20121221_185015.jpg

Hard to see, I was trying to get a close up of the upper side there. it still has a little indent there that needs some filling and rounding.

20121221_185020.jpg

Yes I do!!! Sucks about the HU tho. Hey that's how we learn. Custom ain't easy!

Hopefully you can get another brain.

But I need Moar pics!!!

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived