Sundown Audio

Small half ohm stable amp?

K_SubieXT

for only 1200 watts oi would imagine you would have better luck finding a amp that does 1k at 4Ω.

it would also be more efficient

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

if he's got the electrical and wants to stay cheap i'd do one of the hifonics brutus amps, not sure on the smallest one they make anymore, but i had the bxi1610 and ran it .5 daily for about 4 months and never had any issues with it at all. You could probably use an audiopipe as well

He's been looking into the Brutus 1700 to run at 2 ohms, I think he want something a little more efficient though

With that electrical? Just get a crescendo 2k and wire it at .5. Watch your gains

With that electrical? Just get a crescendo 2k and wire it at .5. Watch your gains

He doesn't want to run that much power, it'll be going on 2 obsidian 18's and he wants to play it safe a just run the rated power

Set the gain conservatively with a DMM. You will be getting 100% clean power from the amp, which your subs will thank you for.

He doesn't want to run that much power, it'll be going on 2 obsidian 18's and he wants to play it safe a just run the rated power

Just because an amp is rated at a certain amount of power doesn't mean you have to utilize all of it. Just set the gains lower. If you have access to a dd-1 use the 0db option. (those obsidians will handle the power with ease)

Your friend wants to "play it safe" with running rated power but he wants .5 ohm?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Those Crescendo amps are a half ohm stable, as far as I'm concerned. They wouldn't sell a half ohm warranty if they didn't think their product could stand up to it :D

I ran my 3500 to a single sa-12 and didn't blow anything. It's all about where you set your gain ;)

Archived