Porting Mids help needed!

SoundFreakk

hey guys,

I'm thinking about porting my RF t2652 mids but I'm kinda new to calculating this stuff, I used WinISD for this and had to fill in the parameters by me self so I hope I did it good.. :ninja:

I tuned it to 45Hz here a screenshot.

Green line is ported and yellow line is closed.

calculationt2652.png

Here the parameters I filled in

parametersr.png

Hope you guys can help me out if I did well and if I didn't please explain me what I did wrong so I can learn from it and do it right in the future.

Any reason you want to port your mids? I think it's a pretty uncommon thing to do, so you may not be able to get advice here.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Even though components are usually built to work in infinite baffle, should be interesting. Orionstang ported his mids before, and said he liked the results.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

They're called kickwoofers for a reason i guess :P

And since they actually went and measured everything for thiele/small parameters I guessed it could be done. Just my question if the ports and frequency are alright looking at the graphic.

qts 0.51.. doesn't seem too bad off for porting idea

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

So I could take the port I calculated here and it should be good? Btw most hifi speaker towers are ported

Yes, but my question is why you want your midbass tuned so low. You run the risk of them falling off before the tweets ( or mids if 3-way) can take over.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So I could take the port I calculated here and it should be good? Btw most hifi speaker towers are ported

Yes, but my question is why you want your midbass tuned so low. You run the risk of them falling off before the tweets ( or mids if 3-way) can take over.

I think his graph shows a few thousand hertz.. supposedly flat

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

Archived