Porting Mids help needed!

SoundFreakk

So I could take the port I calculated here and it should be good? Btw most hifi speaker towers are ported

Yes, but my question is why you want your midbass tuned so low. You run the risk of them falling off before the tweets ( or mids if 3-way) can take over.

I think his graph shows a few thousand hertz.. supposedly flat

That graph is a bassline. Once in the car it all changes. Have you ever heard a 6" mid play mid 30hz all the way to a few thousand, flat? No.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

How many hz would you guys suggest I tune it to?

The subs for this system are actually tuned to 45hz so thats why I was thinking about 45hz so it would match

the box for the subs is tuned at 45 and you want to tune your mids to 45?

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

So I could take the port I calculated here and it should be good? Btw most hifi speaker towers are ported

Yes, but my question is why you want your midbass tuned so low. You run the risk of them falling off before the tweets ( or mids if 3-way) can take over.

I think his graph shows a few thousand hertz.. supposedly flat

That graph is a bassline. Once in the car it all changes. Have you ever heard a 6" mid play mid 30hz all the way to a few thousand, flat? No.

right, you can never account for everything..

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

Yeah the graph shows the gain that one the frequences so it hits harder on the lower frequences when ported then when closed. Correct if Im wrong

then what do you have a sub for? lol

change the tuning on your sub, and you sure the 6's would like being hit with sub 40hz?

• 2 weeks later...

i just deaden the doors really well n run them isobaric (open door) sounds really good with no hpf active on some songs, depends on power to, u can over power a mid with the right xover setting but ported in a car, it generally needs to "load" off something

theres a video of ported door speakers on youtube, i cant seem to find it now, they sound ok but i unno

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread. Sounds like he wants to port them. If so definately in the 80 hz range. I am running T265 comp in a 03 Mitsubishi Lancer passive bi-amped with a T400-4 dedicated to them and they sound good. Tweeters a bit high and mid bass lacking alittle but i believe there are breaking in and after i install new Pioneer deh-80PRS and some more tuning i can get them to sound much better. I am thinking anbout running woofers active to increase power. ?

Archived