Mechman Alternators

Mechman doing what another company couldnt.

My story starts back many months ago I started to search for a high output alternator for my car,

I got in contact with a well known alternator builder, that told me he could build me a 225amp alt for a cheap price and

life time warranty if I sent him a standard unit off my vehicle, many months went by before getting a email saying

he had finally built my alt and it did 192amps peak, once I had it back and installed I couldnt get anything out of it,

only 35amps at idle which wouldnt even charge my batteries (stock alt does 70amps at idle) and never saw anymore

then 90amps peak (stock does 100amps), his only excuse for it not performing well was lack of belt traction (belt wasnt slipping at all)

I then got in contact with mechman and they told me that my standard alt wasnt able to be modified, but they suggested I use one of there

universal units and fabricate brackets to mount it to my engine (this wouldnt be an issue as I am a fabricator by trade), So I went

ahead and paid for a 240amp alt, 10days later it arrived at my door and they day after I fabricated the brackets required to mount it.

gotta say I am way more then satisfied with it so far it kicks the ass out of the other alt I had have seen 130+amps at idle and 220+amps

at 1800rpms after getting the unit good and hot.

You can add another satisfied customer to your list mechman I am glad that I decided to go with you if only I had of seen the light

before going with the other guy but I guess its a lesson learned.

Edited by EVL-100

too bad you can't get your money back for your stock alt that you ultimately paid the other guy to ruin...

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Sucks about the first alt.

But glad to hear Mechman took care of you!