SnowDrifter Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 Just saw a news report. There is some GMO salmon that is supposed to grow bigger, faster. They are supposedly bred to be sterile... But still. I'm not sure I'd trust it. Plus should a genetic abnormality happen and these salmon are no longer sterile, and if they get out into the wild - I could see it SERIOUSLY upsetting the natural flow - think like the jellyfish problems going on in Japan. I think there are some things that just shouldn't be messed with. Tweaking plants and now animals to grow faster, more resilient, etc is just a ticking time bomb IMO. What are your thoughts? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Neckbeard Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 Its the same thing as the LIger (lion/tiger), They grow up to 12' long and weigh almost a ton. if they ever got out into the wild, they would kill EVERYTHING Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
revoracing247 Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 agreed, i mean it's just like artificial sweeteners and then finding out they're terrible for you edit: thought i was gonna be the first post, got ninja'd ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
audiA6_audio Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 sounds a lot like the movie mimic to me. mess with nature... nature mess with you! people need to let stuff be. 99.9% of all living things have gone extinct anyway. im all for protecting animals and living things, im not cool with keeping things around longer than nature intended.
armykyle1 Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I like fried cat fish TEAM XS POWERTEAM HEAVY HERTZMy build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194454-e46-bmw-build-pos/#entry2914134youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/armykyle1big build starting
SnowDrifter Posted December 5, 2012 Author Report Posted December 5, 2012 sounds a lot like the movie mimic to me. mess with nature... nature mess with you! people need to let stuff be. 99.9% of all living things have gone extinct anyway. im all for protecting animals and living things, im not cool with keeping things around longer than nature intended. Yup. There are already issues with the stupid Monsanto crops getting out of the farm and growing like weeds. Can't kill the stupid things because they were designed to withstand it! ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
n1ghtsn1p3r Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 Also, if Monsanto catches any of their genetic material in a non-approved farmers crop, they will sue them. GMOs are scary. I've been wanting to get away from them for a while, but never got around to it. I do have a friend that is GMO-free though. A couple of Coast to Coast AM episodes related to it (GMOs in general) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzHSM6ecqzU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6G6wqTwsy8 2016 Ford Focus SE No build log yetDC Audio 1.2K2x DC Audio Level 2 10"
REVOofRustler Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I'd definitely be less inclined to eat salmon if I knew it had been genetically modified. Besides, isn't cancer basically genetically modified cells? Not that it's really a good comparison, but... 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
n1ghtsn1p3r Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I'd definitely be less inclined to eat salmon if I knew it had been genetically modified. Besides, isn't cancer basically genetically modified cells? Not that it's really a good comparison, but... Almost all food is genetically modified now. Or it's pumped full of hormones and chemicals."Genetically modified" and "mutation/cross-pollination" are separate things, IIRC. "Genetically modified" is deliberately laboratory tampering with the genetic structure, like adding spider DNA to a potato. Whereas a mutation is natural. IDK if I explaned that right. 2016 Ford Focus SE No build log yetDC Audio 1.2K2x DC Audio Level 2 10"
Neckbeard Posted December 5, 2012 Report Posted December 5, 2012 I'd definitely be less inclined to eat salmon if I knew it had been genetically modified. Besides, isn't cancer basically genetically modified cells? Not that it's really a good comparison, but... Almost all food is genetically modified now. Or it's pumped full of hormones and chemicals."Genetically modified" and "mutation/cross-pollination" are separate things, IIRC. "Genetically modified" is deliberately laboratory tampering with the genetic structure, like adding spider DNA to a potato. Whereas a mutation is natural. IDK if I explaned that right. You're right, cancer is a MUTATION, not a modified cell Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.