Second Skin Audio

Sub enclosures design Training

SoundFreakk

@skittlesRgood

I'm going to start on it right away thanks!

I'm actually at the first stage you say so I really appreciate your post:)

EDIT: no thiele-small parameters on the site of DC for this subwoofer?

I've no idea where to base the calculation for the ports on now.. Any hints on this one :ninja:

also it's good to keep the port between 12 and 18 ish port area per foot depending on the subs... (not sure if anyone said this yet I'm still reading lol) I was told that you can get your ideal port area by taking the size box you want and multiplying it by the size port you want (something between 12 and 18) and that will give you the goal of where you want your port area (height and width) then lengthen the port till your box net is the size you wanted it to be, then from there if you want it tuned to a certain point then play with the gross size of the box and the length of the port till you get a box that is the size and frequency you want it... now that is roughly all my knowledge on box building aside from the actual putting glue to wood and assembling so from this point on I will just watch and learn from the people that are more knowledgable lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I have another project for you:

Two Sundown Audio sa-10 in a small hatchback. I want interchangeable aero-style ports, one daily tuned aroud 35hz, and one huge (like 8") SPL port tuned 50-55hz. You can decide sub/port orientation to what you think will work.

Max dims to play with, Width=90cm Depth=45cm Height=42cm

Volumes and such shouldn't be to hard, but I want to see what you can do in SketchUp with round ports :)

is that possible to do a box where you can switch out ports of different dimensions? only way I can think of that you can really do that is either make 2 boxes or make enterchangable faces so you have to completely take the face off of the box and swap the subs out... in which case you might as well just have 2 different boxes

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

well I mean yea I got that but like if you have a 6" port you have a 6" hole... if you decide you want to take that port out and put in an 8" port you would need an 8" hole now... unless I guess you could do a whole removable panel or something without actually taking off the entire face of the box lol ok nvm I answered my own question :P

My Build Log

oh I haven't actually seen what the build looks like in his tahoe I've only seen the tahoe itself and videos of it scaring the bejesus out of ppl lol

My Build Log

with a slot port you can tune high with an enternal port and then add length to the port with an external extension peice to lower the tuning. then you can have both an spl box tuned to 40-50hz then attach the port extension for a lower tuning for daily. this is my next plan, ill be using t nuts for the port extension and some sort of gasket to make sure it mounts to the box with an airtight seal.

with a earo port you can simply make an 8" hole then when using the 6" port you have that port mounted to a peice of wood that you bolts down to the box. i would use t nuts for that so that everytime you take it on or off its not stripping out the holes and it keeps the port centered in the origana hole for the 8" port.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived