Hey guys I've got a 1970 camaro that my father bought from a guy like 25 years ago. The previous owner had a crazy engine in it and it was a strict race only car. When my dad bought it he took out the beast motor and gave my dad a free 350 V8 out of some 80's monte carlo. It has a Muncie M22 tranny, I know the m21 is the best, but it's got what its got. What would I have to do to swap in a 454? I'm thinking about going to the junkyard and seeing in there are any 454's in decent shape. I know I would need to fabricate exhaust, and mounts. How much other fabrication would I have to do? I don't need A/C, or a system in this car or anything fancy, just drop in the engine.

I wanna make a bad ass summer driver out of this car. I'll post some pics later.

Current System:

Clarion CZ702

Stock 5 channel amplifier

Infinity Reference 4022i 4"

GRS 6.5"

Audiopipe 1800.1

2 RE Audio SEX V2's In a 4th order ported though the armrest

2003 130 Amp Toyota Highlander alternator

While not a 454, I say put a LS based motor in it. 4.8, 5.3, or a 6.0. Better mileage, and in alot of cases easier power. A junkyard 6.0 lq4/9 motor and ECU can be had for $600ish, there are a ton of websites that sell motor mounts and K-members and junk. An adapter plate would most likely be needed for that muncie, though.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived