Accepted to engineering school!!!

Just out of curiosity, why not go juco for a couple years and then go to a bigger school? Thats definitely what I should've done and regret not doing it. Saves you money AND the classes are easier for the most part.

i did that, i wouldn't recommend that to anyone. it so much less stressful to stretch your major classes across 4 years than to try and cram them into 2 years. It actually took me longer to finish my degree because of going somewhere else first. Plus any transfer issues that come up. It's better than not going, but IMO I wouldn't recommend doing it that way.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i did that, i wouldn't recommend that to anyone. it so much less stressful to stretch your major classes across 4 years than to try and cram them into 2 years. It actually took me longer to finish my degree because of going somewhere else first. Plus any transfer issues that come up. It's better than not going, but IMO I wouldn't recommend doing it that way.

Really? I've heard the opposite from everyone I've talked to. I'm a freshman in ME at KSU, and some of the kids in my fraternity did it both ways. Transfer issues suck, yes, but getting the gen eds out of the way at an easier and cheaper college really looks like the smart option after my experience this semester. A lot of engineers go for 9 or 10 semesters anyways.

I can see where you're coming from though.

Dale - 'When life hands you lemons--make lemonade, THEN find someone whose life has handed them vodka and have one heck of a party....lol'

Well it really depends on the schools and programs to be honest. Most gen ed classes aren't going to be significantly easier at another school. And depending on your program, you may not have any classes you can take inside your program at the first school. You would be doubling up on gen ed classes at the first place and your major classes at the second place. that sucks. it can work, it can be cheaper but it is difficult to make it work well. Of course, I am totally speaking from the experience I had between the 2 schools I went too. It may be totally different where you are.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Congrats man! I'm a sophomore aerospace engineer at the University of Cincinnati. Next semester I am co-oping at Crane Aerospace. It's definitely no cake walk, and I have 3.5 more years, but I hope I get to do something I love.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Shoulda went to TN Tech! :)

Seriously though, congrats. Have fun in Knoxville with the hills and beer!!

why do you say that?

the campus is really small and the city life was a bit slow for me.

i also wanted a business minor, which im not sure if Tn Tech offered that.

Congrats man! I'm a sophomore aerospace engineer at the University of Cincinnati. Next semester I am co-oping at Crane Aerospace. It's definitely no cake walk, and I have 3.5 more years, but I hope I get to do something I love.

doing something you love will definitely help the years fly by and just make life easier and happier overall!

haha nice, maybe one day you'll be getting a hook up with NASA?:P

but anyways i know some of the electrical engineers here are swarmed and get to take trips to Cane Ridge, the missile program/center and it's a great learning experience.

Congrats my dude! That's fucking awesome. Sounds like you have quite a solid plan for your future!

I'm doing Radio Television Film with a minor in Marketing down here at UNT, so when you need advertising for your badass alternators, hit me up! Lol.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular CabPioneer MVH-P7300Orion 800.4Planet Audio Big Bang series 6.5 componentsJL G17002 Diamond Audio D610D4's

Build log

women drivers no survivors

why do you say that?

because you are going for engineering!! TN Tech is a great school for that. But in all honesty, I was just making a joke :)

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

why do you say that?

because you are going for engineering!! TN Tech is a great school for that. But in all honesty, I was just making a joke :)

LOL now that you pointed it out, thats pretty funny!

sorry i guess punch lines and sarcasm don't carry too well over text

Archived