i have never been a fan of compustar. granted the shop that installed the two compucrap remote starters in my parents cars did a shitty ass job i was not happy with how they performed. my mom has a problem with it where the damn thing will randomly make the security light come on but the car is still drivable, and since it was installed her low brake fluid, low oil and low washer fluid warning alerts came on every so often. my dads tahoe had problems with a different model compustar system installed by the same chop shop and his sometimes would not work and then one day out of nowhere the thing goes into panic mode and the remotes were not anywhere near him, he kept it at home and it is just a remote start and keyless entry system on both of theirs. The other day i had another shop that i had install my 5901 put an avital remote start and keyless entry in my dads tahoe and it works perfect. its easier to program in my opinion for the features with all dei products i have used, never had any problems with mine nor my dads. Also when the compustar one was in my dads truck there was this random clicking noise in the dash, almost like a relay engaging and disengaging the whole time. when the new avital remote start was put in my dads truck that went away.

Now im not trying to say that it 100% is the compustar problem because the work the shop did was pathetic. the un-used wires were left open and could short themselves out on the dash frame. I just have had better luck with dei and as i previously mentioned it is sooo much easier to program and configure than compustar. i even put a python remote start and security system in my ex's car that is another dei brand and is 100% like the viper 5901 i have with a different looking remote and it works perfect.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i have a Viper 350HV Alarm for sale and it come with Geeksquad installation already included. i have the receipt and everything.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/157951-viper-350hv-alarm-for-sale/

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

Archived