It's true. So many people hate full size suvs/trucks because of the 'fuel inefficency' but the truth is they're only 1mpg or so off from small/midsize.

My brothers 5.3 v6 blazer got 13-14mpg going down hwy 95, but with my old 2wd Yukon I got over 20mpg on the highway (520 miles off 25 gallons). I could get around 17 or more hauling a trailer, while the blazer dropped to 11ish.

With the tahoe I have now it has 4wd and tow package which both hurt, and I haven't had it on a good trip to find out, but it gets about 15 in the city with stop and go and a heavy load in back.

I don't see why its impossible. I gained 2-3mpg after switching to synthetic oil and a K&N filter too.

4.3l v-6 :)

i get like 16 highway at around 95 in a excursion

with a lot of upgrades

Hondas ftmfw... 24mpg

and what honda are you driving only getting 24?

One thing about such a difference in engine size over MPG between those 2 engines is, that a 5.7L with 8 cyl, can use less gas to equal a high enuff horsepower/toque to drive around at 18mpg, when a 6 or 4cyl smaller engine needs to burn up more gas to pull the same weight.

smaller engine basically is working alot harder, when the larger engine is just taking it like a champ

thats why my truck gets 15-16 in the city. it only has the 4.3 v-6 where as the people with the 5.7l v-8 (350) get around 17-19 city

btw, my dad with a 5.3l in his 01 ext cab chevy 1500 gets around 22-24 all around driving in the mountains.

and i get 30 mpg and my engine has yet to fully break in ;) and thats hard driving usually stop and go.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg