Ian01 Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 Planning on upgrading from my Sony HU and trying something new; it's one of the CDX series that changes colors etc at the 120-140 price range (forget model name). I'm here to ask what is a good entry level audiophile oriented headunit between the prices of 100 and 300 dollars. After reading around I've noticed that a lot of you guys are Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer users so I wanna gather some input, see why you guys use what you do. I've read one of the clipping threads and Pioneer seems like a badass win-win route. iPod Classic so USB is a must. Have every speaker amp'd. Single din only. Thanks in advance for the advice. ·· YouTube ·· ·· The Ride · The Audio ·· ··· The Toy ···
89capricebass Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 Kenwood makes badass HU's. From what I've seen you tend to get more clean signal outta them compared to other manufactures. What do you need your HU to do? Like bluetooth, pandora, ipod compatibility... anything like that or just a basic deck? Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door HU: Kenwood KDC-X395 Front Highs: stock Back Mids: Stock Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz) Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg
reelfish92 Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 I bought a brandnew Pioneer DEH-80PRS for under $300 new in the box. Here's the phone number of the place, they might ship. His price is $297 on them, best headunit for the money imo! Here's the ad (mention it for the price) : http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/eld/3459358055.html http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS Team Flatline AudioBuild Log: http://www.stevemead...-s10-build-log/YouTube ---> http://www.youtube.com/reelfish92
Ian01 Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 Kenwood makes badass HU's. From what I've seen you tend to get more clean signal outta them compared to other manufactures. What do you need your HU to do? Like bluetooth, pandora, ipod compatibility... anything like that or just a basic deck? Kenwood has always been good in my book.. bluetooth would be nice, iPod is a must (classic/iphone), and I'm up in the air about Pandora. I'm kinda tech savvy so features usually get me looking more.. clean signal is key here, though ·· YouTube ·· ·· The Ride · The Audio ·· ··· The Toy ···
Ian01 Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 I bought a brandnew Pioneer DEH-80PRS for under $300 new in the box. Here's the phone number of the place, they might ship. His price is $297 on them, best headunit for the money imo! Here's the ad (mention it for the price) : http://tampa.craigsl...3459358055.html http://www.pioneerel...ivers/DEH-80PRS I have heard about that unit on here a lot haha, it's definitely on my list. Think it was clean through out the whole volume range iirc. ·· YouTube ·· ·· The Ride · The Audio ·· ··· The Toy ···
HatersGonnaHate Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 I've got the Kenwood Excelon x896. iPod compatible, android compatible, bluetooth, usb, pandora, hd radio, cd, 3 sets of rca outs. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Have had no issues at all with it. Bought it brand new for about $150. My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
HatersGonnaHate Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 And it's clip free all the way up to full volume My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.
reelfish92 Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 I bought a brandnew Pioneer DEH-80PRS for under $300 new in the box. Here's the phone number of the place, they might ship. His price is $297 on them, best headunit for the money imo! Here's the ad (mention it for the price) : http://tampa.craigsl...3459358055.html http://www.pioneerel...ivers/DEH-80PRS I have heard about that unit on here a lot haha, it's definitely on my list. Think it was clean through out the whole volume range iirc. Yep, I can play at 62 (max) no distortion!!! Its amazing, 3 5v pre outs, blue tooth, ipod, pandora and sound quality is amazing. Team Flatline AudioBuild Log: http://www.stevemead...-s10-build-log/YouTube ---> http://www.youtube.com/reelfish92
89capricebass Posted December 12, 2012 Report Posted December 12, 2012 Well here are 3 different Kenwoods. From budget to expensive. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX395/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X395.html?tp=5684 $99. I have this one and it's a great deck. Havent put a dd-1 on it to test the signal but i would imagine its god up to 32/33 out of 35 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX496/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X496.html?tp=5684 http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX996/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X996.html?tp=5684 Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door HU: Kenwood KDC-X395 Front Highs: stock Back Mids: Stock Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz) Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg
Ian01 Posted December 12, 2012 Author Report Posted December 12, 2012 I've got the Kenwood Excelon x896. iPod compatible, android compatible, bluetooth, usb, pandora, hd radio, cd, 3 sets of rca outs. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Have had no issues at all with it. Bought it brand new for about $150. Just checked it out, looks pretty sick actually.. but where did you pick it up for 150?? ·· YouTube ·· ·· The Ride · The Audio ·· ··· The Toy ···
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.