DC Sound Lab

DC Tech Support - Tuning/setting gains/from scratch - Help me from start to finish thread

Alright. Thanks for the help guys.

I'll get started tomorrow by installing the RF T800AD amp and do the tuning.

All of this is going to take 2-4 weeks to do because I still have to install the Singer Alt and finding ways to reposition the sub box.

Right now I'm pretty sure that right sub is shooting SPL towards the back of the seat panel and causing weird sound waves to happen.

build3..JPG

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

When you set the gain on your amp, turn the sub sonic all the way down and the lpf all the way up. Once the gain is set, then you can set your filters.

Alright I'll do it the correct way so that I don't have to go back and retune everything in the future. The last thing I want is to have some weird slope from the filter settings affecting my tuning.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Got all of my gains setup.

Apparently I've only been powering each sub with about 950W RMS because my stock alternator can't handle anything more.

50hz @0dB tone was used to set gains on the DC5K. I am way under powering these subs.

Next up, I will install the Singer Alternator and retune my gains for a higher and more proper power.

Edited by moh.vze.com